the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

solo x 12 or fi btl 12

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
aznboi3644 wrote:
people don't blow subs with too little power
Here... here...!
Bad advice monster, HO-O-O-O-O!!!!! He's baa-aa-aa-ck!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
haem you know what I mean...clipping an amp to hell does not equate to too little power to me. To me too little power is too little clean power...not cranking the gain...lol
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
Id like to see someone jam a pure 2500 watts rms through a silly 22 awg wire that is wrapped around a coil, and tell me it doesn't melt..... 1000 wrms is more than anyone could ever need for a single woofer unless your doing burps.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
aznboi3644 wrote:
haem you know what I mean...clipping an amp to hell does not equate to too little power to me. To me too little power is too little clean power...not cranking the gain...lol
No... I was greeing with YOU... The "bad advice monster" wasn't you! I was referring to skee-weezy
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

ohhh.. okay... so adding the second 2500.1 to power a solo x is a bad idea... okay.... if u say so..... and thanks for the new name... i think i'll create a log in for that....lol..... be easy dude... the guy asked for an opinion.. so i offered one....

have u every heard a properly powered solo-x?????????

there can be only one.......
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
skee-weezy wrote:

have u every heard a properly powered solo-x?????????

Yup, and I wasn't impressed, I have heard a lot of very impressive subs that could produce the same output with less than half the power and half the box size...and half the price. It's kickers Jackhammer.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
skee-weezy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

lol@jackhammer..... like i said... i am just flat out wrong i guess... i gotta go hear this other sub when i get time... maybe then i could actually speak as if i know what i am talking about..... i am sorry for wasting everyone's time.... i obviously have no clue when it comes to this topic... i am gonna do somemore homework i guess.... where is a dealer in michigan where i could hear such a sub?????????

there can be only one.......
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 19, 2008 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
aznboi3644 wrote:
No... I was greeing with YOU... The "bad advice monster" wasn't you! I was referring to skee-weezy
lol oh ok...I was wondering why. Mmmm stickies at the top of the forum are nice.
haemphyst 
Posted: March 20, 2008 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
skee-weezy wrote:
..... like i said... i am just flat out wrong i guess...
i obviously have no clue when it comes to this topic...
If you think that people can blow a sub with too little power, then yes, you have no idea.
I am referring specifically to this post:
skee-weezy wrote:
another thing is this.... alotta people blow that sub for lack of power.... make sure u have that 2500.1 powered correctly and remember... that sub can handle twice that amount of power!!!!!!!!!!
That can't happen... Please read this thread... It explains it all... YOU CANNOT ELECTRICALLY BLOW A WOOFER WITH TOO LITTLE POWER. End of story. If you blow it, that's too much power. Period. If placed in a mistuned enclosure, you can MECHANICALLY overpower it, with as little as one watt, but we are not referring to mechanical overpowering.
:::::EDIT:::::
...and YES, I have heard a "properly powered" solo. As are so MANY of the Kicker woofers, they are one-note wonders... fart-cans... NOT anywhere close to a sound quality woofer, as far as I am concerned. SO MANY more products out there can beat it to the GROUND for SQ for far less money, with far less power, and many of those competing products can even compete with it in (reasonable power) SPL, as well. So Kicker builds a woofer with 10kW burp capabilities... Whoopie!
I love the web page for that thing... Kicker themselves admit that it's all "hype". I believe the word they use is: SOLOXHYPE. I'll buy that.
hittin1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2008 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
if ya want SQ... get the fi btl... The solo x's are spl speakers... I have two of em (12").. I personally like the solo's.. I haven't ran across a song that my speakers cant handle.( on the low end of the spectrum)... My vehicle gives out b4 my subs do....lol They are loud and obnoxious.... But for everyday music... especially other than rap... The solo's are too much....   hope this helps..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQeX7RJSmBA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBGB5HVAKKU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Jh4eoy7U8
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic