the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Setting Up Front Imaging

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2008 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
Here's your mids...
Here's the woofers...
A pair of these, paralleled...
Tweeters...
Look those over, and let me know if you think you can afford that as a setup... If you like the money, we'll go forward, but I think you'd be REALLY happy with the overall performance of that stuff. Like I said, keep the amps you presently have, we'll use those!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tubbs04 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2008 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
I ordered everything but the woofers like 2 seconds ago. I'm going to have to wait a minute before I run with those. That HK1000D I have wont put out the power those dayton's require at 4 ohms. It'll do it at 1ohm, but not 4. Suggestions? or do you allready have a plan for that??? Thanks for the help. I know you weren't ignoring me, We've all got lives outside of the12volt.... or do we... hahaha... Thanks dave!
...don't crush the weasel...
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2008 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
The HK1000 will put out 500WRMS (claimed) at 4 ohms. Plenty, and that's probably FAR more accurate and significantly less optimistic than the 1kW claimed for the 1 ohm load. PLUS, your damping factor will remain really high, so the control will be better.
If really worried about the difference in power, get the 4 ohm versions of those woofers... easy enough to answer that question!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2008 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

MA rates the amp at 1kw @ 1ohm @ 17 volts....  I hate how they advertise.. you have to read the book before it mentions 17 volts.... at 14.4 it claims 750-800 @ 1ohm... If you say 8 ohm then we'll go 8 ohm. Would sealed or ported be the better application for the subs? Or something different?I'm down to build whatever enclosure I need too...  What are your plans for crossovers? Thanks man!

bmrsnr303 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2008 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
Here's your mids...
Here's the woofers...
A pair of these, paralleled...
Tweeters...
Look those over, and let me know if you think you can afford that as a setup... If you like the money, we'll go forward, but I think you'd be REALLY happy with the overall performance of that stuff. Like I said, keep the amps you presently have, we'll use those!

Those Tang Band woofers are regularly $67 and are now $29. Not sure if I even need them, but I almost want to buy them just because you reccomended them and they are such a slammin deal!  Thought?

haemphyst 
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
My thought is this... I'm ordering 4 to have in spare... I already have 4, they WERE gonna be used in place of the Adires, (in my car) but I still just have 'em hanging around. I'll probably end up (someday) finishing my 41hz.com Class T 6 channel amplifiers, and have me a STUPID wicked multimedia system! LOL
In response to your PM... If you do use those tweeters, you may or may not end up with a desirable result. I'll finish directly to you.
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  

You're building your own amps? what the hell can you not do???

haemphyst 
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
Kits are wonderful things! I didn't DESIGN 'em, I just put 'em together!
But in answer to your question... The same things you can NOT do... NOTHING, you just have to put your mind to it! Sure, you'll make misteaks... Setting Up Front Imaging - Page 3 -- posted image. Just shake 'em off and do it again!
www.41hz.com
Actually, I do have a real answer to that question... FIBERGLASS!
tubbs04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2008 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
well, I'm no pro a fiberglassing, but I can answer most questions and can do it fairly well if YOU ever need any help in that department. So what about those crossovers??? Do those come in a kit??? I think I'm going to go with the 4ohm daytons.... they're cheaper lol!
haemphyst 
Posted: March 16, 2008 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
I'll take you up on that offer, some day! Setting Up Front Imaging - Page 3 -- posted image.
No, the crossovers will not be available as a kit, but since yopu will be all active, with didicated amp channels, you won't even have to put them on a circuit board... Build each section (HP, LP, MID) right in the speaker line. It'll be easy! I did it EXACTLY that way with several of my past systems, and the results were QUITE satisfying!
We'll get ya fixed up on those, no worries!
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic