icon

2008 scion xd factory keyfob disarm alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tmrepp 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2008 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
Just as the title says, I am looking to have the factory keyfob disarm my RS1000 autopage alarm system that I installed. I love the 2 way paging, but is there any way to have the factory keyless entry disarm my alarm, so I don't lose functionality of two out of 3 of my factory 'Scion' keys?
Also, any way to keep the factory Toyota beep upon arm/disarm, with the RS1000?
Thanks!
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2008 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  
does your autopage alarm have a disarm input wire?
tmrepp 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
Only thing I see (which is most likely to disarm a factory alarm) is a "2-step unlock /Factory Disarm /Sensor By-pass"
So I am guessing you can't do it, right?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
the autopage does have an output called factory disarm output. and it is possible.
hurleyloser 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
well if your autopage doesn't have a disarm input, then the only other way to disarm it with your factory keyless entry is to take a spare remote apart that controls your autopage and wire it up with some relays to some triggers in your car. I've done this several times for customers that want to use the built-in fob in the key to control an aftermarket alarm.
tmrepp 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
hurleyloser wrote:
well if your autopage doesn't have a disarm input, then the only other way to disarm it with your factory keyless entry is to take a spare remote apart that controls your autopage and wire it up with some relays to some triggers in your car. I've done this several times for customers that want to use the built-in fob in the key to control an aftermarket alarm.
Could you please go into a more in-depth explanation? I am willing to do this, if I can lose one autopage dongle, and gain the use of my two factory keys. Obviously advanced functions wouldn't be available, but they aren't needed for those sets of keys.
Thank you,
Travis
hurleyloser 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
If you open up one of your spare autopage remotes you should be able to find out how a button press connects two contacts on the circuit board. You're going to be soldering onto these points.
Now for the fun part. You're going to for sure need three relays, a fourth is optional.
Relay 1
87 Contact a on the remote's arm
30 contact b on the remote's arm
86 lock motor (+)
85 ground
Relay 2
87 contact a on the remote's disarm
30 to relay 3's 87
86 unlock motor (+)
85 ground
Relay 3
87a to relay 2's 30
30 contact b on the remote's disarm
86 12v+
85 (-)unlock from door switch
Relay's 1 and 2 will simulate a "press" on the autopage remote's arm and disarm buttons when ever the lock and unlock positive sides are sensed.
Relay 3 will break the disarm circuit when ever unlock is pressed from the door switch so that the alarm cannot be disarmed by simply opening the door and pressing unlock.
The fourth relay can be used the same as relay 3 if you don't want the alarm to arm by pressing the lock switch.
This setup will allow you to arm and disarm your autopage, or any alarm with buttons for that matter, using your factory keyless entry fob.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
hurleyloser 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
sorry, found a typo up there.. here is the correct info for relay 2
87 contact a on the remote's disarm
30 to relay 3's 87a
86 unlock motor (+)
85 ground
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  

trust me, your unit has a factory disarm output. you can do what hurley suggested, its a long process but works. Do this. set the unit to pulse unlock before start then relock after.

so when you remote start it, it will unlock-start-relock.

using the unlock wire, diode isolae it to the door locks and to the factory disarm wire on the car @ kick panel OR power the Key Sense - YELLOW (-) @ ignition switch harness this will disarm factory alarm without unlocking the door.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond, he wants the other way around. He wants to use the factory remote to disarm the aftermarket alarm. Unless his Autopage has a disarm input, I don't think he can do that.
tmrep, everything hurleyloser says will work.......with one thing, do you have a remote starter too? Or just an alarm?
If you have only an alarm, you'll be fine. However, if the car is remote started, the factory remotes won't work with the engine running.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic