95 Chevy Z71

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigbev 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2008 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

I did not know the truck was in an accident. It just looks a lot like a truck on Youtube that somebody drove into a telephone pole. It appears as though youtube links as well as fleabay links do not work here.

youtube.com and search idiot truck telephone pole    It looks a lot like your truck. Different year same color big tires etc.

Ha ha  yes I have seen that video, it would have taken a whole liquer store full of alcohol to get drunk enough to do something that stupid to my truck.

bigbev 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2008 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  

Here are some pics of the finished box without the carpet, im trying to find carpet that matches the truck carpet, was also thinking about red or black if i cant find the grey. let me know what yall think, im taking sugestions.95 Chevy Z71 - Page 2 -- posted image.

95 Chevy Z71 - Page 2 -- posted image.

runtz52 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2008 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
nice work but i would suggest sanding the openings around ur amps some more thley look a little rough but other than that nice work and it should sound great
Loudest 1990 Chevy Lumina
bigbev 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2008 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

Im not to worried about getting the edges perfectly smooth sense they will be wraped in carpet and you won't be able to see them.

and it sounds awsome, the rear window and the roof flex in and out about 1 inch.  I will shoot some video and post it as soon as i find a better camera.

runtz52 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2008 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
alright let me know when u get that video up let me know u can see my setup on youtube on the runtz52 channel
bigbev 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2008 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  

runtz52 wrote:
alright let me know when u get that video up let me know u can see my setup on youtube on the runtz52 channel

Im going to try and get a video up sometime this week. I did check out your ride, it sounds good, is that one L7 all you have or is there another one that i didnt see?  that thing hits pretty hard for just one 12 inch sub, 95 Chevy Z71 - Page 2 -- posted image.

runtz52 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2008 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
u mustve watched my older vid then i have newer ones up and in those i have 2 12" L5's in a 7.5 cu. ft. box, prolly bout the size of urs, and yea that setup bangs. my rearview mirror fell off, my blinker and shifter lever bounce up and down its ridiculous. i havent had it metered yet but im hopin for high 130's to low 140's.
rushman2112 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2008 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
Good job on the newer latest set up. Looks good. I admire your attention to the detail of all the wiring that wont even be seen but you know its there. You said somthing about finding carpet......Just about every Auto Zone , Orieleys and even Wal-Mart Has 3 X 6 foot rollls of grey carpet in the automotive section. I think some places call it Trunk liner. Sells for about 12 - 14 bucks or so. Should match up pretty close to your interior. Keep posting.
bigbev 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2008 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  

runtz52 wrote:
u mustve watched my older vid then i have newer ones up and in those i have 2 12" L5's in a 7.5 cu. ft. box, prolly bout the size of urs, and yea that setup bangs. my rearview mirror fell off, my blinker and shifter lever bounce up and down its ridiculous. i havent had it metered yet but im hopin for high 130's to low 140's.

I saw the new setup, must have missed it the first time i looked. it looks and sounds good, is it just one big box or does each sub have its own airspace?  My box is accually a little over 12 cubic feet, but once you subtract the space taken up by the port and the sub it comes out to about 5.5 cubic feet per sub.

bigbev 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2008 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  

rushman2112 wrote:
Good job on the newer latest set up. Looks good. I admire your attention to the detail of all the wiring that wont even be seen but you know its there. You said somthing about finding carpet......Just about every Auto Zone , Orieleys and even Wal-Mart Has 3 X 6 foot rollls of grey carpet in the automotive section. I think some places call it Trunk liner. Sells for about 12 - 14 bucks or so. Should match up pretty close to your interior. Keep posting.

thanks rushman, I looked at wal-mart but the one near me didnt  have anything, I havent looked at any of the auto part stores yet but i will check them out his weekend, home depot had some that matched perfecly but it was a little more than i wanted to spend. I have found some red and also black carpet at a fabric store bt im not sure what they would look like and I dont want to waist the money if it doesnt look good.

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic