icon

95 Chevy Z71

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bumpinexploder 
Copper - Posts: 265
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
hey bev. how do your cvrs sound having 5.5 cubes each? i have 4 and they have 3.6 each and some people hate and say thats too big. lol. just wondering if they hit the highs well as the lows. box looks great man. good work.
Pioneer DEH-400UB
Kicker 150.2 mids/highs amp
MB Quart fsa 216 front stage
AudioPipe gd-6001 mono amp
AUDIOQUE SD 15S PREFAB BOX!
C&D Technologies Battery, 1500 CCA, 134 amp storage
149.5 DB's
theetimurban 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2008 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
If you fix that roof flex you can gain a few decibels. Even just taking aluminum and bending it to the curve of your roof, making "ribs", and gluing the ribs to the roof will prevent flex, plus the ancillary gain of SPL.
runtz52 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2008 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  

I saw the new setup, must have missed it the first time i looked. it looks and sounds good, is it just one big box or does each sub have its own airspace? My box is accually a little over 12 cubic feet, but once you subtract the space taken up by the port and the sub it comes out to about 5.5 cubic feet per sub.

[/QUOTE]
My internal volume which is all that matters is a total of 7.5 cu ft but with the partition in the middle it comes out to about 7.3 cu ft total. so each section has approx. 3.5 cu ft with the ports
Loudest 1990 Chevy Lumina
bigbev 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

bumpinexploder wrote:
hey bev. how do your cvrs sound having 5.5 cubes each? i have 4 and they have 3.6 each and some people hate and say thats too big. lol. just wondering if they hit the highs well as the lows. box looks great man. good work.

I think they sound pretty good, the sound quality is not the best but the bass is ridiculous, they dont hit the highs much but the lows are really good. my subs are 15's so the 5.5 cubic feet is only .5 cubic feet more than kicker recommends for a ported box. im not an expert but i dont think your box is to big, your going to lose a little sound quality but as long as you like the way it sound then who gives a doodie what other people think.  95 Chevy Z71 - Page 3 -- posted image.

bigbev 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  

theetimurban wrote:
If you fix that roof flex you can gain a few decibels. Even just taking aluminum and bending it to the curve of your roof, making "ribs", and gluing the ribs to the roof will prevent flex, plus the ancillary gain of SPL.

im going to be taking it to a body shop hopefully pretty soon to have some dents fixed and get some new paint. i was thinking of having them reinforce the roof and the side panels since they are going to put a new head liner it it anyway, hopefully that will get rid of most of the raddiling.

bumpinexploder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
oh i thought they were 12s. but yea mine hit the highs decent but the lows flexs the side panel about an inch and the roof flexs about an inch and a half and i can do the chocolate milk trick. i bet yours can too. i had my box designed a little differant though, it is a side firing box. its on the rides and systems too, under slammin explorer. but anyways man GREAT job on the install. really clean!
Pioneer DEH-400UB
149.5 DB's
runtz52 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
My SQ is doodiety especially with factory speakers but nobody can come close to the bass i put out. cant wait for u to put up ur vid
bumpinexploder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
yea thats the thing i have like 6 flex vids on my camera but i cant find the CD the camera came with to upload it to the computer. lol. but i will for sure let you know when i get it up and running. you got any vids?
Pioneer DEH-400UB
149.5 DB's
bumpinexploder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
woah woah. my bad i thought that was bev saying that. hahaha dont i look like a fool. oh well
Pioneer DEH-400UB
149.5 DB's
runtz52 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
yea go on youtube and type in runtz52 ive got i think about 5 or six vids some of them r old tho
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic