icon

clifford 50.5x, 07 milan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2008 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
I have a question regarding wiring in the 520T to the 50.5X.Now i know the 520T provides power to the brain in the event that the it loses the main 12v.But in the 520T instructions it states that the 520T is not meant to drive any alarms or remote starts that have on-board relays which is fine since the 50.5x doesn't have any.It also states that the 520T isn't meant to support parking light flash either.Well i know that the parking light output from the 50.5X can do both(+,-)to drive the factory relay that is already in my 07 Milan,but would it be smarter to use the parking light(-)to reduce the load on the 520T if my vehicle battery where to get disconnected to extend the life of the 520T.
"ole blake"
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
Look at it this way, when using positive you are using power from the RS/alarm for the lights. If you use negative, all you are doing is sending a ground to the factory relay which is supplied power from the car itself. If the battery were disconnected  the lights would not work when using negative for this reason. The 520T will be doing nothing more that sending a ground to a relay that has no power so, to answer your question, you would be safe in doing this....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2008 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
That's great to know.My reasoning behind this is so that if my battery where to get disconnected,i want the 520T just to power my brain and sirens,i don't want the lights flashing.
"ole blake"
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2008 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a Clifford 50.5x with idatalink solo module into my 07 Milan.How do i shutdown the R.A.P after my Clifford 50.5x remote start has timed out?My vehicle has a positive door trigger which my (+)door trigger from my 50.5x will be connected to my dome supervision wire.I'm thinking i can use my factory alarm rearm wire(-)from my 50.5x and split it to have one end go to pulse my door lock wire to rearm the factory system,and have the other half go to a relay to convert it to a positive out so that it will pulse the dome supervision wire and shutdown the r.a.p.But if i do that and it pulses the dome supervision wire,won't that set the alarm off?
"ole blake"
fuzion1029 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2008 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

The first thing I would check is if you even need to power accessory for the car to RS and for the heater controlls.  That would be the easiest fix. 

Another way would be to use a relay to interupt the radio's accessory wire.  Hook the relay up to the status ouput on the RS.  Connect as following (probably easiest to do behind radio):

Cut radio's accessory wire (should be green, but test to verify)

30 = car side accessory
87a = Radio side accessory
85 = Constant +12V
86 = Status from RS

This way the relay will normally be closed, and open when RS is active.

mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2008 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
Okay gotcha.I have a blue 200ma status output relay trigger.
"ole blake"
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 16, 2008 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
Pulse the drivers door pin wire.  As pulse after remote start shut down, or ARM.
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2008 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Kar..So what your saying is i can pulse the drivers door pin wire with my GREEN / WHITE factory alarm rearm wire(-)and that should do the trick? How about just pulsing my power lock wire with the GREEN / WHITE rearm wire from my 50.5X,since they're both(-)'s would that do the trick?In reading my 50.5X install manual it states this,
H2/4 GREEN / WHITE (-)factory rearm wire
This wire sends a negative pulse every time the remote start shuts down or the doors are locked.This can be used to pulse the arm wire of the vehicles factory anti-theft device.Use a relay to send a (-)or(+)pulse to the arm wire.
"ole blake"
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 16, 2008 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  

Pulse them at the same time with the 2 different wires... (no diodes)

If your unit has a "pulse after runtime" this would be best. It will shut it down if you don't remember to hit the lock button (this triggers the rearm, and the lock)

mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
Well since i don't have two separate wires that negative pulse after shutdown,i only have the one.I can wire up a negative to negative relay and then split the output of 30 to the two separate wires and that should do the trick..
"ole blake"
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic