icon

clifford 50.5x, 07 milan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2008 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
did you recently get your car detailed or washed? that happened to my girlfriends car after she got her engine bay cleaned by the car wash one time, got water in it. worked fine again after a few days when it had completely dried.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2008 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
Which wire are you connected to on the car, and how do you have it diode isolated?
The wire on the car should be cut, and the diode placed inline on it with the striped side facing towards the trunk switch.
Your alarm's trunk trigger input should be connected on the striped side as well.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2008 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Chris i didn't cut the cars trunk pin wire in half.My blue multiplex trigger wire from the alarm is split three ways with three diodes and the bands facing the sensors.One diode goes to my battery backup,one to my tilt sensor,,and the last to my trunk pin wire in the car.So what your saying is i should cut the trunk pin wire in the car in half,solder the end closet to the trunk onto the stripped side of the diode along with my blue wire, and the other half on the cut wire onto the opposite side?
"ole blake"
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2008 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
Should i do the same thing to my factory hood pin?My factory hood pin connector has two wires, a black and a blue/orange(negative trigger).When i tie my hood pin trigger wire from the alarm into the blue/orange,it tells me the hood is open even when the hood is closed.The factory hood pin is plastic with a rubber boot.
"ole blake"
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2008 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
Answers:
Keep the existing 3 diodes you have coming into the blue wire; they are necessary in order to isolate the separate inputs to the blue wire from each other.
You've got what you need to do as far as that trunk pin wire - as long as by "side closest to the trunk" you mean the side of the wire that electrically goes to the trunk pin, which might not necessarily be physically closer.
If you've already run your hood pin wire to the factory location, I'd just drill a hole next to it and mount a new hood pin. I've had a few factory hoodpins where diode isolating wasn't enough to eliminate falsing, and usually just leave them alone.
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2008 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Chris that solved the problem.As far as the hoodpin,i didn't mount the one that came with my 50.5X is because that entire frontal area is plastic,and i need to get a pin switch bracket to mount it in.I haven't had any other problems with it since you helped me solve the trunk problem.I tell you guys something,i got rid of the shock sensor and i use a tilt sensor and the Crime Guard AU94TM proximity sensor and can't be happier.I used the proximity sensor since i have tinted windows and it works great..Thanks everyone for all your help and patience.I look forward to installing another 50.5X real soon.
"ole blake"
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2008 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
You can mount a hood pin in a plastic surface just fine, if you want to...all that's necessary is a wire connected to the main body of the pin and run to a metal ground.
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2008 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Once again thanks for all your help Chris.My 50.5X with all the extra   is working like a charm now.I found a manufacturer pre-done hole that fit the pin switch.Without you guys on this sites help this wouldn't of been possible.You guys have saved me hundreds of dollars and now i'm a little more wiser than i was before..Once again Thank you!!
"ole blake"
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic