icon

clifford 70.5, 2001 galant

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
That's par for the course with DEI's voltage sense on some vehicles...you can run a tach wire and program it and that will probably allow it to start on the first attempt.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
Time for Uncle Howard to step in again; once you've installed a transponder by-pass there will be a delay whilst the transponder initialises. set your starter time to abput 1/3 to1/2 secs. You may find you need two attempts to start. I've also found that I some times need two attempts to start with the key,  again transponder not always recognising it. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ATTEMPT TO INSTALL WINDOW CLOSERS WITH YOUR KNOWLEDGE LEVELS. The switch feeds live (ignition) ground and DATA to the motor. If you are lucky you will find the motor wires very close to the motor:- right side red=up, green=down. Left side reversed colours. If  you are unlucky those "wires" will be internal and part of the one-touch control processor's circuit board. Are you prepared to track-break on a surface mount board and lead 4 wires out then seal off the motor housing? N.B.You will have to do this to each motor AND probably adjust the resistance settings on the 530t's because your glass will motor up(from the drive side switches), hit the top then come down 4"!!!  Had this last week on a Montero so good luck.
mark 17 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2008 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

After installing the 556u I thought it might have been a problem with the transponder unit or a voltage sense issue.  It was actually just a program issue, I reprogrammed the crank time from 0.6 to 1.0 seconds and it starts first time every time. I'm pretty excited about that.  All the alarm and remote start functions are working great now.  I was just outside installing the trunk sileniod and relay for the pop trunk function. The only things left to do is hook up the rear defogger wire and the dome light supervision wire.  I want to install the power windows module but,  Howie is scaring the crap out of me with this 530t stuff ! I almost baught the module yesterday.

Can I find out if i will be lucky, as Howie said, or unlucky just by pulling the door panels and looking for the wires by the window motors?  If I'm lucky I may try it. 

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2008 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged  
Where's my thanks Howie for telling me to change the crank time? Re the windows, hope you've got lots and lots of spare time and cables..
mark 17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2008 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

Hay thanks Howie for the tip on crank time, it works great. I can see in colder weather i may need to bump it back a bit further.

My dome light has the30 second delay after the door is closed, this means its on a relay, right?  My door pins are (-), so can I just hook the black / white (-) 200mA domelight wire to the door pin wire?

And lastly, howie did you say you have a galant, what year.  And are you sure i would have to solder wires inside the window motor housing on this particular car for the 530t.   I havent dropped the door panels yet to take a look but I will this weekend. I hope to find wires.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2008 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged  
You don't need to use the BLACK/ white in your case. Mine's a 1999 with Concept 300 (upgraded UK version of Concept 100), intellistart, intellivoice, 2 x 530t and an Alpine sound system, Bluetooth etc.On mine the motor wires are red up green down right hand side and green up red down left hand side in black plastic sleeving.  I went through the existing door tubes (lots of WD required) and you have to go to each motor, don't go to the driver door switch, it's data. The back ones were evil, you have to drop down the motor to get at them.
mark 17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2008 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

Hay guys, I just finished running the wires, mounting the sileniod and wiring up the relay for my power trunk pop.  This car did not come a with factory power trunk so I baught and installed the 522t kit.  Everything from the aux 2 button on the remote to the trunk works great.  The problem is it will not release the the latch mechanism.  Its like the sileniod isn't strong enough to pull the latch.  This soleniod has a cable thats looped around a part of the latch mechanism and secured to itself.  I mounted the sileniod inline with and as close to the latch as I could.  Theres maybe 8'' of cable between latch and sileniod and I used a portion of the cable casing to keep from having any slack.  I even tried loosening the mechanism springs a little to help it along, but the pressure from the trunk seal itself seems to be to much for it.  Any ideas guys?

Howie does yours have pop trunk, factory or other wise?

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2008 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
Post or PM me with your email address and I'l send you pictures. It was an absolute pig to get to work and I cut the cable from the original manual (pull) release to achieve it.
mark 17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2008 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of the dei field disturbance sensor (508d), versus the ultrasonic sensor (509d).  I want to be able to have the windows down and still have some level of interior protection. Is one of these units better than the other for this.

mark 17 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2008 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
mark 17 wrote:

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of the dei field disturbance sensor (508d), versus the ultrasonic sensor (509d).  I want to be able to have the windows down and still have some level of interior protection. Is one of these units better than the other for this.

Also, I have tinted windows, ( LLumar,5%-50% metalized film), will this give me problems?
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic