icon

’03 silverado, remote start wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fazda 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2008 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  

ok, ive hooked up 99% of the wires. the only one i couldnt find is the 8pin red wire (+) says "locate the wire which is usually connected to the oil sensor on the dashboard" is that wire needed?

anyway, i tried to test the system as it was.. and so i plugged in all the connectors.. and absolutely nothing works.

1.) after reading the manual it tells me how to RS the truck, so i do this.. it actually works and attempts to start, fires, then dies.  And keeps trying to restart itself over and over as long as i have it armed. Now the book states if this happens to take my wire going to my tach and find a stronger signal, stating examples like oil sensor signal or alternator signal if tach wire isnt easy to locate. but i connected this to the white wire behind my cluster (the tach wire) any suggestions?

2.) door lock and unlock, absolutely nothing happens when i press the lock and unlock.. only changes the state of arming and disarming so i can RS the truck. Ive got my xk01 and my RS locks spliced into the lt blue wire at the lt blue plug @ bcm. and the unlocks of the 2 to the white wire at the bcm. (there are 2 white wires, i went to the one closest to the lt blue one)

3.) i have the xk01 all hooked up to my knowlege to be complete. the gwr wire must be correct in order for it to even bypass to start.. so that means thats correct.. my neutral safety wire is grounded with the truck.

So concluding, locks/unlocks arent doing crap to my truck, only beeping on my remote led screen, and my remote starter attempts to start, but just dies. please help!!

fazda 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2008 at 4:01 AM / IP Logged  

Further into my review of this i believe its not supposed to attempt to start with the door open.. well it was wide open and i attempted to start, and it still tried. This makes me believe my door triggers arent working correctly maybe?

When i try to lock or unlock my truck using the RS it beeps alot and freaks out on me telling me doors are open and such.

My parking lights as well do not come on for anything, and i believe are supposed to. i dont kno if its the door unlocking part as to why they arent but i have the white wire coming from my RS brain going to the gry/blk wire at the brown plug @ bcm, correct?

Now the door trigger/dome wires can be connected to my knowlege on other posts.. so i have these hooked up to the gry/blk wire on the lt blue plug at the bcm, to my knowlege is the door trigger? do i need to do the passenger trigger as well or what?

sorry for tons of questions, just lost in all the confusion

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2008 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know why your RS wouldn't work with a door open; I've never heard of that before. What exactly does the manual say that makes you think it shouldn't?
You also need to meter the wires before you connect to them. Just connecting them on a hunch to wires at the BCM is not smart - you're asking to fry its internal circuitry and get a replacement, and a meter can tell you before you've connected if you have the right wire.
Third - where are you getting your wiring info? Some of the wire locations on the vehicle that you've listed are wrong.
Fourth - if you look at the wiring sheet for the XK01, it shows that you don't connect any wires to the remote start AND the vehicle. They go directly between the remote start control module and the XK01 - nowhere else. The XK01 controls everything via the data lines on the truck.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
fazda 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2008 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  

ok so i was confused about the locks/unlocks, just bein dumb and actually connecting all to the bcm :( , but the start still...

as soon as it cranks it dies.. is that the tach signal not good enough or what?

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2008 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
What exactly does the remote start's manual say about tach programming/connection?
Where do you have the tach connected?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
fazda 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2008 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  

it says on my 7pin to connect a PURPLE / wht to the tach wire. and i have it connected to the white wire behind the cluster, which i believe is the tach wire.

is that what seems to be the problem though? or is it something else?

another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2008 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
chriswallace187 wrote:
What exactly does the remote start's manual say about tach programming/connection?
what he said, the key part there was "programming". the unit needs to learn the tach signal
fazda 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2008 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
it actually says they are self setting, to verify press a valet key on the antenna, and ill do that this weekened when i hook it up again to troubleshoot it.
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
On a GM Truck- "starts and dies" can also be a Passlock II problem- that's how they act if the theft deterrent is not bypassed or not bypassed properly....you can decide this by noticing if the R/S brain still has ignition hot - meaning it is not what has shut it down.......
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
fazda 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2008 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

brcidd wrote:
On a GM Truck- "starts and dies" can also be a Passlock II problem- that's how they act if the theft deterrent is not bypassed or not bypassed properly....you can decide this by noticing if the R/S brain still has ignition hot - meaning it is not what has shut it down.......

ok i dont understand how to test the brain if thats the problem, but my truck attempts to start so is it safe to say my neutral safety is grounded right, giving the xk01 power.. so its not that?  and my book said something about the tach wire bein low signal if this happens, but im connected to the white wire behind the cluster.. how can it not be? programming the tach is on its own.. im just stumped! 

The lock/unlock still doesnt work either. so im guessing it might just not gettin bypassed correctly.. i have xk01 > Rs locks and unlocks connected.. what would cause it to still not work? maybe this could solve the whole starting issue as well. 

i finally got a garage to work out of for a few days so post soon would help! thanks and sorry for a late come back on these.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic