icon

2008 Ford F-350, Omega RS-4LX Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boulderbronco 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  

Damn this is a weird truck.  I looked underneath at the starter to check for wire color.  I found it up near the battery so I figured I would test it there when starting.  So I clamped the hood pin closed so I could remote start the truck and test the wire with my DMM (I'm by myself).  Well I go and hit the RS and it starts right up.  I don't get this at all.  I have been trying to figure this out for the last four hours and all of a sudden it decides to start?  I didn't do a thing to it.  Weird.  Well all I have left now is to wire the 528T back up and it should, should, SHOULD be good.  Thanks for the help once again.  I'll post in a bit when it's finally up and running normally.

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

looks like this only black

2008 Ford F-350, Omega RS-4LX Remote Start - Page 8 -- posted image.

boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
Thats what I figured.  I still don't see it though.  I followed the wire up from the starter and didn't see it.  I then looked allround up top and couldn't see it.  It must be sandwiched between the passenger battery, intake tubes and all the other crap.  Or maybe it's under the battery.  Either way it appears I don't need to find it now.
boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2008 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Well.  Still problems.  As much as I like these units they are a real PITA to get working right.  This is the most trouble I have ever had with one of these.  It's turning the truck off after 15 seconds every time.  Sometimes I get a flashing LED that tells me it's because the toggle switch (valet) was turned off.  Well it wasn't.  Other times it does not tell me anything.  Thoughts?  Back on the phone with Omega tomorrow I guess.  At least their customer support is decent.
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
ive never had as many problems with an RS-4LX as you are having right now. i hate to hear it. at this point i would toss and install something else. afterall......you know now that none of your problems are due to the install, just a piece of junk.
boulderbronco 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2008 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

It's working 100% now.  Again for no reason.  But at least it's working.  I actually blame it on the truck more than I do the RS.  These 08 are very strange and have a lot of weird ignition systems and things like that.  This RS-4LX I am using, although new, is an older unit not designed for these new computer systems we find in today vehicles.  I think that has alot to do with it.  FYI I talked with a tech at Omega a few months ago and he said they were planning on coming out with a new kick ass RS that is going to be modeled after the RS-4LX.  They have their MARS stuff but that never really looked that great to me.  The features of the RS-4LX is what I liked.  Anyway we'll see if this thing continues to work properly.   Thanks again for everyones help, ck.

Chris

gurj1979 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone got a working RS-4LX?
I accidentally blew a transistor on my one due a stupid error on my part. I cant make out the number on the transistor. Can anybody help me?
The transistor is an SMD, and is located in-between the big white connector block and the MIC58418 chip. SMD Transistor starts off with the letter "R", thats all I can see.
Please help me find the full number on the transistor.
Cheers people.
GeniuSys
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Are there any other surface mount transistors on the board that have the R in the beginning of the number__?__   What caused the transistor to blow__?__  What feature of the alarm is affected by the blown transistor__?__
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2009 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
on the RS-4LX the ignition outputs are transistorized.
gurj1979 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2009 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
Are there any other surface mount transistors on the board that have the R in the beginning of the number__?__   What caused the transistor to blow__?__  What feature of the alarm is affected by the blown transistor__?__
No other SMD transistors that start with R. This is the only one. Transistor blew because i connected negative supply to the terminal, by mistake (i picked up wrong wire). Transistor feature is for "Yellow Wire (+) - Alarm Ignition".
So - without the transistor number, I cant find a replacement, even if I cant find an SMD, at least I can find a standard size with the same characteristics.
Why so many questions ? All I need to know is the numbmer written on the SMD Transistor. Its so easy to locate.
GeniuSys
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic