icon

viper 5900, 96 f150 door lock issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 5:11 AM / IP Logged  
It looks like on that diagram it may be the Pink with orange and Pink with black. Check those wires with your tester. Also the Black with white wire is a 12v constant so that was a good choice. I have to leave for work I will check my messages after 3pm today.
apocalypsegz 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  

I found this at commando, i know its not a commando alarm but it, and crutchfield both show the same way opposite the12volt for my wiring the relays.  http://www.commandoalarms.com/reversepolaritylocks.pdf   I have a ton of this misleading information lately i don't know who to believe(site wise). 

Note on door locks on Commando as well:  WITHOUT FACTORY KEYLESS, This is a 5 Wire Reverse Polarity Door Locking System and you MUST get the lock and unlock wires in the PASSENGER KICK PANEL (Parking Brake Braket is in the way) you MUST also TEST for SWITCH and MOTOR wires ONLY with the DRIVERS DOOR SWITCH. On this 5 Wire Reverse Polarity System you MUST TEST from the DRIVERS DOOR Switch only when testing for SWITCH and MOTOR wires.

I tested all the wires and what I found was that i have the 2 window wires up(Tan/Blue)and down(WHITE/ Yellow), 1 12v power(BLACK/ White, 1 is Lt Blue/Black no idea what thats for, and 2 door switch wires(Lock/Unlock) and 2 motor wires(Lock/Unlock) i think it wouldn't work to do what i was thinking and splice 4 wires, 1 into each motor and switch wires for lock and unlock.  It would definately allow the locks to work when they were normal but I don't know if they will work on arm and disarm or if it will bypass it, or they will stop the switches in the truck to work or if it will cook the relays.

This is a mess to me and I don't know where to go.

apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  

BTW Blue/Black on the plug is power to windows.  So there is 3 of 8 wires out of the way i have the

• 2 motor wires - Pink/Black--Unlock Pink/Orange--Lock
  • 2 switch wires - Pink/Green--Unlock Pink / YELLOW--Lock    Tried to hook these up, no go only passenger unlock works.
  • 12v - BLACK/ White - Got this one figured out, 87/86 lock relay; 87/85 unlock relay

I am not sure why I dont have a wire going from switch to motor to harness, would make sense,oh well Im Lost PLEASE HELP!! Anyone!!

sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
Use the motor wires pink/black and pink/orange. The switch side will be the one that test ( after there cut) standing ground and 12v positive during unlock or lock thats the side you connect to 87A. The motor side (the end of the wire thats left after you connect the switch side to pin 87a) you connect to pin 30. If they are the right wires which they should be both switches (driver side and pass side) should work immediately after the wires are connected properly to the relays. If they don't then there is something wrong with the relay wiring or you have the wires backwards double check and make sure they test right.
Edit: Although most times the wires are pink / YELLOW and pink/green some vehicles they are pink/black and pink/orange. The only way to find out is to read the vehicle wiring schematic or test them by hooking them up. Which you did both. This should work.
apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  

I found this http://commandoalarms.com/FM-870install.pdf at the commando site, i know its not a viper but it had what I thought might be a helpful diagram for someone knowledgeable, its got 2 5wire configs, 1 reg 5 wire, and 2 step 5 wire, whcih one am I running? they also show the relay hook up diagrams for it.

Id do it a reg url but it wont let me keeps adding a stupid "> to the end of it

like this

apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
o know it works @#$^$@#&
sneakycyber 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure if that means they work or not, but those diagrams show the exact same thing we've been talking about. Only on your particular Ford the pink / YELLOW and pink/green run between the switches and the pink/black and pink/orange go to the motors. Same setup just need the right wires
apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2008 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
I just wired in two relays into my 96 F150 like shown on 5wap for my viper 5900, and Both switches lock and unlock but the only motor that is working is the passenger door, how do I get the Driver Door to work the same? 
apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2008 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

I tried using the 2 switch wires, cut them in half and put corresponding ones on each relay, i got the passengerside only to unlock the doors that was it, now I hooked up just the Motor wires cut them correspondingly like diagram, and they are doing what I described above.  From what I gather do I need to just wire it back up to stock and splice into each wire and send it to a relay? 

I have 4 wires 2 switch wires, 2 motor wires lock/unlock for both sets of course

Do i just splice into each one and put it on the relay corresponding?

apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2008 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  

i figured it out on my own, thanks, thanks to Ckeeler and Sneakycyber

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic