icon

viper 5900, 96 f150 door lock issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
apocalypsegz 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2008 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
Would Sound Waves be counted as Motion though?  I am more curious if someones Bass can Cause my Proximity Sensor to go off.
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2008 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
no, but i would cause the shock sensor to set off, if its too sensitive
apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2008 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
so basically set shock sensor low, prox high and it should not go off when BASS hits by passing cars/loud trucks but will go off if someone sticks arm in window?
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2008 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
Correctviper 5900, 96 f150 door lock issue - Page 2 -- posted image.
apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2008 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
Good Deal, thanks a lot for the info i will post one last time to let everyone know my Status after Relay install, I basically did this install on my own because I have to learn sometime Cause I will want one on every vehicle I own from here on out. 
apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2008 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  

ok it didn't work, when i arm and unarm the locks do nothing.  None of the switches work now except the Passenger Switch will unlock the doors but that is all i can get either switch to do, just the passenger to unlock.

There is a plug in the passenger kick panel with:

• Lock Switch - Pink / YELLOW
  • Lock Motor - Pink/Black
  • Unlock Switch - Pink/Green
  • Unlock Motor -  Pink/Orange

Like what he told me I cut the Pink / YELLOW and Pink/Green on the door side of that plug and ran them to the 30's and 87a's like he said and ran the powers to the BLACK/ White wire on the Plug which is a constant 12v

So what did I do wrong I followed directions is there something different on my truck as to what he described?

ALSO this is a BIG also cause I got one of the relay's used, Could it be possibly bad?  If it was why would Unlock only work on the passenger side and not the driver side switch?  and the alarm doesnt unlock it either.  Any help to fix this mess would be greatly appreciated.

sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 4:41 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure what went wrong but to fix the factory switches just put the factory wires back together.
Did you get the wires in the drivers kick and use the DRIVERS SWITCH to test the wires?
Are you sure the black with white wire is ALWAYS on. Some newer fords the vehicle goes into sleep mode which disables the door locks (usually they have keyless though) and that wire may not have constant 12v. I would get the power in the ignition harness where you connected the alarm. Did you test the wires to make sure there on the correct pins of the relay? Did you remember to connect the relays to the Alarm? Did you double check the relay wiring (do the relays click when you lock/unlock with the alarm) Check the output from the relays and make sure there working correctly.
apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  

have to use passengers side, drivers side is blocked by the parking brake, used drivers side to test the wires but like i said I have 2 wires for the motors and 2 wires for the switches on passengerside, an eight wire plug seen http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/vehicles/registry/media/253951_1"> here look this over and tell me what to do, ifnothing else save it, highlight where i need to put everything if i can, on the image and upload it somewhere so i can see what you are talking about

apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
apocalypsegz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 5:00 AM / IP Logged  

sneakycyber wrote:
Not sure what went wrong but to fix the factory switches just put the factory wires back together.
Did you get the wires in the drivers kick and use the DRIVERS SWITCH to test the wires?
Are you sure the black with white wire is ALWAYS on. Some newer fords the vehicle goes into sleep mode which disables the door locks (usually they have keyless though) and that wire may not have constant 12v. I would get the power in the ignition harness where you connected the alarm. Did you test the wires to make sure there on the correct pins of the relay? Did you remember to connect the relays to the Alarm? Did you double check the relay wiring (do the relays click when you lock/unlock with the alarm) Check the output from the relays and make sure there working correctly.

Relay Wiring is 100% Correct, cut both the Pink / YELLOW & Pink/Lt Green and put them in the appropriate Relay and proper pin, 12v on one wire and ground on another when switch pushed, but however if i use the other switch it gives me a 12v reading, which is why i was wondering if i just tap into all 4 wires since i have them, i got the switch lock and unlock wire over there, and the motor lock and unlock wire there, if ya have yahoo my messenger is midtownhazard@yahoo.com

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic