icon

2005 nissan titan remote start trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mr. tooth decay 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  

Hello Everyone, I am installing a Valet Model 561R Remote start on my father in-laws 2005 Nissan Titan XE. Now this is the base model of the Titans. It has no power windows, no power locks, no keyless entry or anything like that. The other models come standard with all these things. I''ve been searching and searching and can't seem to get anywhere with this. I got the remote start working but having a little problem. When i hit the remote start button, it starts up but dies out right away. I know some models of the Titan come standard with an immobilizer but I thought the base model XE didn't. I cant find info anywhere on it. If I put the key to "On" position and start the remote starter, it comes on and stays on. Or if the car is running, I can hit the remote start and take the key out. I've tried leaving the key in the off and acc position but just dies out. I set the Tach setting and even tried using the voltage setting instead of the Tach setting without change. So can anyone out there shed some light on this, i'd hate to buy a bypass and not need it. Also my father in-law had a key made at the hardware store and its a regular key nothing special, and it works fine without the factory key being in the car. I'm going crazy and would love some answers if you have them.  I'm looking for a hero.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
I wasn't aware they made a Titan without an immobilizer, but if the hardware store key starts the engine, then it must not have one.
I'm going to guess that you've got the ignition wire reversed with one of the accessory wires.
Go right to the remote start brain with your test light or meter, and probe the heavy 6-pin harness.
The two red wires should have power all the time.
The solid pink wire should have power when you turn the key to Run, and maintain power when you turn the key to Start, too.
The purple (or is it green? i forget) should have power in Start only.
The pink/white and the orange.......they should both have power in Run, and both lose power in Start.
mr. tooth decay 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

I've triple checked the wiring, although the pink/white wire says it goes to "programmable output for accessory or ignition", then when you look up under the notes for it, it says "Connect this wire to the second ignition or accessory wire in the vehicle". Well i don't have a 2nd ignition hookup so i put it to the purple 2nd accessory line. I have the 2 red power lines hooked up to the green 12 Volt line, Pink wire goes to the BLACK/ red ignition line, Purple to brown starter line, orange to the red accessory line. I have the neutral safety switch grounded off. I have the brake switch hooked up. the parking lights are hooked up and flash when the remote start is working. I thought maybe i was wrong about it not having an immobilizer but my father in-law just keeps saying that the hardware store key works fine so i can only assume it doesnt have one. I do have a second starter wire that is lt. green that doesnt get hook to anything on the remote start.

I really appreciate all your help!

mr. tooth decay 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
is it possible i could have the 2 accessory wires switched up? maybe i should put the orange accessory wire to the purple 2nd accessory line and the pink/white wire to the red accessory line? would that do anything different?
lostissues 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2008 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  

did you program the remote to treat the pink/white wire like an accessory? I think its defaulted to act as an igintion. it may be that because that wire is not dropping out durring remote start it wont stay running. are there 2 start wires in that vehicle?

Jonathan

triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 4:30 AM / IP Logged  
you have two starter wires in this vehicle the other one is light green (+) or blue/green(+) either one is starter two you have to energize one of these wires , with the same starter  output wire from the remote starter module just double it and connect it to one of these wires otherwise the vehicle wont remote start
triniforever
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged  

Agreed you have a second starter wire that is light green. You must add a relay to this wire to energize it during the crank cycle...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
mr. tooth decay 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged  

do i just run a lead off of the purple wire of the remote start to the 2nd starter wire on the ignition harness which is lt. green. Right now the purple wire is on the brown starter wire and i don't have anything on the lt. green.

the purple wire is for (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO STARTER CIRCUIT

it also has this connection for a 4 Pin Satellite Harness which I do not have hooked up. The options are as follows:

Blue-- Status Output

Pink-- Ignition Trigger

Purple-- Starter Trigger

Orange-- Accessory Trigger

Does my 2nd starter get hooked to any of these? or if I need to install some sort of relay as mentioned above, how do I go about doing so? where can I get it and what does it look like? what is it called? etc.

Thanks so much for your responses!

triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged  

yes just run a lead off the purple wire and attach to the second starter green wire

triniforever
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2008 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
are you still there?!?! did it work?! let me know!!!
triniforever
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic