icon

2002 silverado, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arhunter 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to install an Omega AL-2000-EDP remote start/alarm in my son's 2002 Silverado.
The installation guide is a little vague on some things (I included a link below). Is the "starter interrupt (-) output" the same as "grounded while the remote start is active"?
On the door lock/unlock outputs, I think this truck uses Positive trigger wired at the BCM.   The outputs from the remote start don't specify (-) or (+).   I know some manufacturers use the same pair of wires, just reverse them depending on which polarity is needed, but not sure from this diagram.
I am also assuming the programmable relay output should be used for Ignition 2?
I intend to use an XK06 bypass module, any information on any of this would be appreciated.
AL-2000_EDP Wiring
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

""The installation guide is a little vague on some things (I included a link below). Is the "starter interrupt (-) output" the same as "grounded while the remote start is active"? ""

Nope, different. Starter interupt output is a ground out while armed.

""On the door lock/unlock outputs, I think this truck uses Positive trigger wired at the BCM.   The outputs from the remote start don't specify (-) or (+).   I know some manufacturers use the same pair of wires, just reverse them depending on which polarity is needed, but not sure from this diagram. ""

Some do reverse, some are strictly negative. You may need a set of relays to flip them positive...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2009 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your reply.
After reading the "user programmable features", it looks like the 3rd option for the starter interrupt is Alarm + Antigrind, so it should be grounded during remote start?
If I am reading their wiring diagram correctly, the on-board light relay and horn relay could be programmed to control the door locks.
It also looks like the "Remote start relay" is the programmable relay output and default setting is Ignition, so this would be wired to Ignition 2?
arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2009 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
This remote start has 2 unlock outputs. Can this be wired to maintain the driver door priority unlock?   If so, does anyone know how to wire this?
arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Do you installer guys usually setup the progammable features after installing in the vehicle, or do you power the remote start unit up on the bench and setup before installation?
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
i install and then program the options i need or want. did you figure out driver door priority unlocking yet?
ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

OMEGA uses negative outputs for their door locks. you will have to use relays to convert the polarity to positive, or purchase OMEGA part number DLP-P4. it plugs right in to the door lock port on your unit and converts the outputs to positive without the need for relays or wiring anything extra.

2002 silverado, alarm/remote start -- posted image.

arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2009 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Actually I hadn't figured out the priority doorlock part, but I will look into that Omega part.    
I did get info on the ground while running signal, it is the blue wire from the satellite relay port. I have used that signal before for the anti-grind relay, but I guess the starter interrupt output will accomplish that also if programmed for that option.
It seems like their (Omega) nomenclature is a little different than some of the other brands.
Thanks
arhunter 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  

Anyone know the wires to control the heated seats in this truck?

ckeeler 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2009 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  

arhunter wrote:
Actually I hadn't figured out the priority doorlock part, but I will look into that Omega part.    
I did get info on the ground while running signal, it is the blue wire from the satellite relay port. I have used that signal before for the anti-grind relay, but I guess the starter interrupt output will accomplish that also if programmed for that option.
It seems like their (Omega) nomenclature is a little different than some of the other brands.
Thanks

OMEGA is a little different, but not too bad. yes the starter kill will also control the anti-grind if its programmed to be on. the door lock part you are looking into buying will change it so you do not need relays for the locking or for the unlocking of the 3 passenger side doors, but you still need 1 relay for driver door priority unlock. the output for it is also changed to positive with that OMEGA part. below is a diagram of how to hook it up.

2002 silverado, alarm/remote start -- posted image.

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic