icon

530t module, 02 focus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wungun 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  

I want to wiring in a 530T module to control both my front windows up and down...here is the thing...I don't care, nor do I want the passenger side window switch to have one-touch express up or down. I want to have the one-touch function (for both widows) to be ONLY available at the drivers master switch...

With this type of arrangement, there should be no need to go into the passenger side door, correct? I should be able to interface the 530T between drivers side passenger window switch and the motor outputs (from the switch) to the passenger window, correct?

The only reason someone would want to go into the passenger door, is to hook up the module to the passenger switch so THAT switch would have express up/down.

But if it's wired like that, would the drivers master switch for the passenger window have express function? I don't think it would, would it??

Thanks!

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
Can't be done. The 530 connects directly at the passenger motor wires which means that the driver door switch and the passenger door switch wires are in parallel at that point. So it really cannot differentiate if the signal came from driver door or passenger - all it knows is that is received a signal to the motor wires.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  

Big Dog wrote:
Can't be done. The 530 connects directly at the passenger motor wires which means that the driver door switch and the passenger door switch wires are in parallel at that point. So it really cannot differentiate if the signal came from driver door or passenger - all it knows is that is received a signal to the motor wires.

I'm not entirely sure I follow. I've checked the wiring on my car, and the passenger motor is driven directly from the drivers-side passenger switch...and is also likely powered directly from the passenger switch as well.

I should add, that I'm replacing my drivers window switches with 2-position switches, designed for express open/close of the windows...

With this setup, only the second position will activate the 530T module. The normal, first position on the switch will be for normal window operation, so I will NOT be cutting away the factory wiring as the instructions say, to give total window control over to the 530T...

The 530T will just be 'tapped' into the original motor wiring, and only be activated with the second switch position...

And I think, wired this way (while keeping all the original wiring intact) I should be able to drive the passenger window from the motor outputs from the drivers side passenger switch, right?

Again, I don't need/want express up/down from the passenger switch, ONLY from the drivers passenger switch.

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
wungun wrote:
  I will NOT be cutting away the factory wiring as the instructions say, ...

The 530T will just be 'tapped' into the original motor wiring, and only be activated with the second switch position...

Sorry. Won't work. The 530T must absolutely be connected to the motor wires. It needs to see "back emf" or "motor noise" to work. You can't connect between switches and relays nor connect in parallel.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

Okay, so I'll run the wires right up to the motors on both sides...Now, when you say 'parallel', does this mean I HAVE to cut the OEM wires that run to the switches and surrender all control to the 530?

Thanks

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
Yes and by the way, what car is it. Just a thought, but I think if you go to the driver's side motor and the passenger door leads you will get your desired result but it's relevant to your car and the type of switching used. In my heart I think big dog's right, he usually is.
wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
It's an '02 Focus...
wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

wungun wrote:
It's an '02 Focus...

Have a look at the driver side switch and passenger motor...

Where the 2 X's are is where I figure I can tap-in with the 530

[IMG]https://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m91/WuNgUn/Picture002.jpg[/IMG]

Full-size

https://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m91/WuNgUn/Picture002.jpg

wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I couldn't crop that image smaller...
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
OK I had an 02 Focus myself once, the driver's window had one shot down so I used a 529 wired to the two "up" motor wires in driver's door because of 1 shot opening on driver's door;  why not use a 529, much easier and you can mount the whole unit towards the front of the door where the loom travels vertically...sorry didn't see your photos, I'm going on the UK spec which at the time was mainly identical to the US spec.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic