530t module, 02 focus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wungun 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
OK I had an 02 Focus myself once, the driver's window had one shot down so I used a 529 wired to the two "up" motor wires in driver's door because of 1 shot opening on driver's door;  why not use a 529, much easier and you can mount the whole unit towards the front of the door where the loom travels vertically...sorry didn't see your photos, I'm going on the UK spec which at the time was mainly identical to the US spec.

I'm assuming my diagram maybe UK spec as well, as it's a Chilton manual, and there are many things in there that are UK spec...

The reason I'm getting at 530T, is I'm actually replacing the windows switches in the drivers door with Focus Ghia switches, which, in this case, have express up AND down for ALL 4 windows. I plan on removing the 2 rear switches from the PCB, and mounting it in my ZX3 (2 door) switch housing...

The harness plugs are different, so I'll need to do some create fabrication to mount it!

It has to be a 530T, as the switches support both up and down X 2 windows...

Basically, the 530T will be activated ONLY by this second-position switch, on both L/R windows, both up/down, instead of the first position (like non-Ghia Focus would)...

Hope that makes sense!!!

It'll be an awesome mod with the Ghia switches!!

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
Be very careful, that model uses completely different motors and wiring from the switch, the Ghia switches switch neg down to a processor on each motor, alternatively if I remember you couldn't use either 529 or 530 on that model. there was some trick with a timed output to a relay. You're better off with 2 x 530ts wired to your existing motors. New switches = new motors and new wiring.
wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Be very careful, that model uses completely different motors and wiring from the switch, the Ghia switches switch neg down to a processor on each motor, alternatively if I remember you couldn't use either 529 or 530 on that model. there was some trick with a timed output to a relay. You're better off with 2 x 530ts wired to your existing motors. New switches = new motors and new wiring.

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be plug'n'play...I'll have to use the switches as just that, switches...then use a meter to rewire the power inputs and outputs for each switch and direction...

As far as I know, the Ghia already has the express up/down..why would you want a 529/530??

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
You misread me, keep the existing switches and use 529/539t
wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
You misread me, keep the existing switches and use 529/539t

Oh...lol

Well, the Ghia switches are already on the way I'm afraid...

You wouldn't have access to a Ghia wiring manual, with 4 window, up/down express would ya??

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
Read and understand what I said before. The switches, cabling AND motors are all different. Please try it for yourself since you obviously know all the answers.
wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Read and understand what I said before. The switches, cabling AND motors are all different. Please try it for yourself since you obviously know all the answers.

Whoa! Easy guy!!

I read what you said...And I said I'm not plugging it straight into my harness...if it's a switch, then I'm sure it behaves like a switch! And if so, I can make it work...

If I have to, I'll rewire the whole power window system!

No need to freak out!

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
OK, new switches, new wiring to all 4 doors, 4 new motors and probably a new GEM box (over here, the remote in the key does window close as well) right that's about $2000 plus about 3 day's labour when all you need to give you the same effect would be a pair of 530ts in the centre console wired to the 4 doors.
wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

...or run the Ghia switch into relays to send power to my window motors, since there's some 'magic' going on in the Ghia switch that only Ghia motors understand...

What's so hard about that??

wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
And mines a 2 door, not a 4 door...
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic