icon

530t module, 02 focus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
Sure put relays in, you'll need to with the Ghia switch, but it still won't give you one touch if I'm right about the Ghia switch wiring configuration, i.e. it only switches ground. If that's the case you'll then need to change the motors because the ghia motors are different or there's a door control module which gives you the one touch. By the time you've got this all sorted out you might begin to realise what older and wiser heads are trying to tell you, after you waste $2000 and three days. Now go for it and stop wasting my time p,.lease with your oh so clever attitude.
wungun 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2009 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Sure put relays in, you'll need to with the Ghia switch, but it still won't give you one touch if I'm right about the Ghia switch wiring configuration,

This is why I'm using the 530T...to do the one-touch...the 530T will be wiring into one-touch contacts on the switch.

howie ll wrote:
i.e. it only switches ground. If that's the case you'll then need to change the motors because the ghia motors are different or there's a door control module which gives you the one touch

OR there's a module?? You don't sound so sure...If I use relays off the switch, it won't matter. The motors will get the power from the relays, not the switch. I have one-touch down on my drivers side already, and it simply uses a load sensing, latch relay wired into the one-touch down contact...

howie ll wrote:
By the time you've got this all sorted out you might begin to realise what older and wiser heads are trying to tell you, after you waste $2000 and three days. Now go for it and stop wasting my time p,.lease with your oh so clever attitude.

I won't be spending $2000 to implement a Focus window control switch...and if it takes 3 days, that's fine...I'm not going to simply install a 530T and have one-touch whenever I touch my window switches! The whole point of this is to custom use factory, 2 position, one-touch up AND down for both windows...not be like "older and wiser heads" that take the path of least resistance and do what everyone else does...

Thanks for your help

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  
Just to let you know, after examining the diagram you sent with the x's marked where you'll cut, I concur with you that it will work that way because the 530T sees motor noise.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

Big Dog wrote:
Just to let you know, after examining the diagram you sent with the x's marked where you'll cut, I concur with you that it will work that way because the 530T sees motor noise.

Thanks Big Dog...that'll certainly ease the installation process!

wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

I've posted about this express up/down car window switch earlier...

Here is what the PCB looks like. Can anyone possibly help explain how the hell this is set up!? lol

530t module, 02 focus - Page 3 -- posted image.

wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
I'm only interested in the top two switches...
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

Most, but not all, OEM systems use an encoder mounted in the motor - NOT the switch.  The encoder in the motor allows a processor to monitor speed, which can be used to determine if something is in the direction of travel, and thus stop the window from moving.

Other systems use a shunt resistor - an extremely low value resistor wire inline with the (-) (or even (+)) lead to the motor.  You can then monitor the voltage drop across the resistor and calculate current consumption of the motor and perform the "anti pinch" function that way.

Either way, an "auto up" window should have an anti pinch system of some sort incorporated.  By simply posting pictures of the circuit board its impossible to know how the system works.  I would focus more on the entire power window system inside the vehicle.

Kevin Pierson
wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

Most, but not all, OEM systems use an encoder mounted in the motor - NOT the switch.  The encoder in the motor allows a processor to monitor speed, which can be used to determine if something is in the direction of travel, and thus stop the window from moving.

Other systems use a shunt resistor - an extremely low value resistor wire inline with the (-) (or even (+)) lead to the motor.  You can then monitor the voltage drop across the resistor and calculate current consumption of the motor and perform the "anti pinch" function that way.

Either way, an "auto up" window should have an anti pinch system of some sort incorporated.  By simply posting pictures of the circuit board its impossible to know how the system works.  I would focus more on the entire power window system inside the vehicle.

The problem with that is, it's a Euro model car and I don't have schematics...

I'm trying to find a way to incorporate the switch in my North American car...it has one window with express down, and it simply uses a load sensing latch relay.

This uses something entirely different it would seem. If I can just get a output on each switch position contact, I'd wire in relays and power the motors that way...however, it seems more complicated than that...take for instance to top-right swich...see how it looks like it's all wired in series? Whereas the top-left is not? (Scratches head)

wungun 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

Can anyone tell me what these rubber button contact pads are called? I think I might etch my own PCB, but it needs to have these button contacts, or something similar...

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
What does the actual switch look like under the passenger side switch?  I'm wondering if there are some NC contacts.
Kevin Pierson
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic