icon

diy 1993 mazda miata alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
etang789 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
I want to install a Viper 5701 with power locks on my 1993 Miata, the reason that Im not bringing to a professional is that there aren't any in Hong Kong! they dont even solder when they install headunits!
Items needed(Correct me if I missed something!)
1 x Viper 5701
1 x Directed 451M
2 x Universal Car Alarm Door Actuator
1 x Directed 508D Dual Zone Radar Sensor
I have been searching around for an alarm DIY for the NA Miata not much luck aside from some basic wire color codes. Is there a more detailed DIY out there?
Here are my findings so far!
Viper 5701 DIY install on EVO:
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-audio-security/364122-diy-viper-5701-install-ct9a.html#post6016781
Miata Wire diagrams:
http://www.madracki.com/miata/wiring.html
http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/1990-1998/Mazda/Miata/1039.html
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/1363.html
Any suggestions guys?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 3:50 AM / IP Logged  
If your's is the pop-up headlight version, I hope you've got about 2 months to make the locks work and stay working, the inner doors are a nightmare of lacking space, I mean NO ROOM to make actuators work properly, plus water ingress etc etc.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 3:53 AM / IP Logged  
PS the other parts are correct,mount the 508d somewhere in the centre console, set it up then replace the console without screwing home and adjust till right. You will need trunk and hood switches.
etang789 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
If your's is the pop-up headlight version, I hope you've got about 2 months to make the locks work and stay working, the inner doors are a nightmare of lacking space, I mean NO ROOM to make actuators work properly, plus water ingress etc etc.
Here is my findings about DIY installing door lock actuators on a older style Miata aka same as my 1993.
What do you think?
etang789 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
etang789 wrote:
howie ll wrote:
Here is my findings about DIY installing door lock actuators on a older style Miata aka same as my 1993.
What do you think?
http://www.wolfmiata.com/tech/locking.htm
http://www.miata.net/hakuna/trunkpop.html
etang789 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
Where should I mount the DEI 451m? Do I need 1 or 2 DEI 451m?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
The second post goes into it in much better detail, except check clearance between actuator and metal part at base of window glass at rear, that might be your problem. If you buy a motor kit it will probably have a timing relay, especially if either or both of the motors are 5 wire, if this is the case you won't need the 451, lock and unlock go straight to the neg triggers on the relay. If 2 wire motors, use the 451. Another point, if there are 2 x 5 wire motors, only connect the remaining 3 wires on the drivers side, otherwise unless you mount them absolutely spot on, the switches inside will make one work against the other!  It's far simpler to wire the drive side only.
etang789 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2009 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
So I found out there is a Neutral wire for the transmission as well!
Does that mean I can do remote start safely?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2009 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
Test to make sure it goes to ground when you are in neutral with a manual transmission,  as soon as you move gearshift with the ignition on or engine running,  it should should stop going to ground.  If that's the case, then yes.
etang789 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
I will be getting 2 wire Door Actuators, so would I need 1 or 2 DEI 451m sorry your answer before wasnt clear.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic