2 12 type r vs 1 15 type r

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

6thaveme wrote:
hilarious......well i hope all you mobile gods are at the usaci comps this summer so i can show you how hilarious this realy is....

Ever been to finals? 2 12 type r vs 1 15 type r - Page 5 -- posted image. I have.... Oh crap i even had a WR for 100 watt consumer. See ya at finals this year if you make it.

2 12 type r vs 1 15 type r - Page 5 -- posted image.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
6thaveme wrote:
http://www.soundoff.org/usaci.htm look up the next event thats close to you haemphyst and i will be there and lets see how much you realy no about makeing windshields flex....
And I don't compete in SPL... I compete in SQ, something you know NOTHING about. I also joind SQ comps, based on a USACi JUDGE'S recommendation... That's how good MY systems are.
MOD, PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD, my fingers are getting tired, beatin' on this guy!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
6thaveme 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

I never said that i wouldent learn anything here on 12volt obviously thats y im here.I just dont agree with some of the things you guys say.

4 12s cvr sealed
2 hifonics bxi608d
1 kinetic hc 800
alpine reciever
infinity kappa door speakers
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
If that is the case, then explain to us WHY you don't agree. ASK questions, try to learn something. MUCH better responses than "you are wrong" will get you.
We have tried repeatedly to explain to you, without SAYING you are wrong, (well, maybe a little bit) rather, supporting our views with logic, proof, and supporting arguments.
Now, if you'd like our help, please ask, and SOMEONE will help you, I promise you that.
(And a big "thank you" to all of the people who "went to bat" for me! 2 12 type r vs 1 15 type r - Page 5 -- posted image. That means quite a bit to me!)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
if you dont agree with what someone says, maybe you should ask why they say what they say? instead of closing your mind to all answers but your own. the people that really know something have no problem giving explanations of why they say certain things, but you need to lose the "I know everything" attitude. at the very least the things that YOU say will be taken more seriously by everything else.
i was looking at your site and found that build for 6 CVR's. nice build, but i noticed that you had no kind of internal bracing considering that was such a huge box you probably would have gained a db or two if you would have braced the big walls in that box
6thaveme 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

I apoligize for my attitude i would appreciate any help your willing to give.....

4 12s cvr sealed
2 hifonics bxi608d
1 kinetic hc 800
alpine reciever
infinity kappa door speakers
joeb3845 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  

to all the guys that """"think""" any 8" sub will play as low as a 15" your so full of it. yes i will agree that some will but not all will keep the same SPL at the lower end. yes some will because they are made to not all subs are made for it.

GET IT THREW YALLS HEAD its the sub and box matched if the sub was not made to play that low it WILL LOOSE SPL.

this came strate from the top 3 word wide sub makers/ compation winners of the USA

if you dont beleve me call them for sure they have done way more car audio then any of you that sit on a forum all day where they deal with real car audio all day

haemphyst 
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Here we go again...
To translate:
joeb3845 wrote:
to all the guys that """"think""" any 8" sub will play as low as a 15" your so full of it. yes i will agree that some will but not all will keep the same SPL at the lower end. yes some will because they are made to not all subs are made for it.
What he MEANT to say was this, so Dave wrote:
To all the guys that think any 8" sub will play as low as a 15", you're so full of it. Yes, I will agree that some will, but not all will keep the same SPL at the lower end. Yes, some will, because they are made to, not all subs are made for it.
None of us EVER said that any single 8" would play as loud as any single 15" sub in an equivalent alignment. All we DID say was that the enclosure made more difference to the extension than ANY driver by itself was capable of producing. I never said that any single small driver would not have to be "doubled up" in order to produce the same output as a larger single driver, especially when referring to extension.
joeb3845 wrote:
GET IT THREW YALLS HEAD its the sub and box matched if the sub was not made to play that low it WILL LOOSE SPL.
GET IT THROUGH Y'ALLS HEADS: It's the sub and box matched. If the sub was not made to play that low, it WILL LOSE SPL.
Again... Noone is disputing that in any way, shape or form. Not one of us.
joeb3845 wrote:
this came strate from the top 3 word wide sub makers/ compation winners of the USA
This came straight from the top three world wide sub makers/competition winners in the US!
Do you mean Kicker? Sorry, we've already dispelled Kicker as a reputable manufacturer. Don't try to throw that back into our faces. Rockford Fosbreak? Puh-LEEZE. As bad as any of them in the number stretching department... Your turn.
Steven Kephart, a member on this forum, used to WORK for one of the most respected names in driver technology today. I happen to know Dan Wiggins of Adire Audio, as well. I also PERSONALLY know Thilo Stompler of TCSounds fame. I know TWO driver design engineers at Harman International in Northridge, CA. Tom Bohlender (of Bohlender/Graebner fame) and I are very close friends, we drink and play poker together in Incline Village where he lives. David Yohn, a mod on this very board has had MANY years of audio design experience, and has worked for the military in various infrasonic (translation, (in case you don't know how to use a dictionary, and THAT wouldn't surprise me in the slightest...) low frequency) audio related capacities (I hope that's not too much info, Dave...)
joeb3845 wrote:
if you dont beleve me call them for sure they have done way more car audio then any of you that sit on a forum all day where they deal with real car audio all day
If you don't believe me, call them. For sure they have done way more car audio than any of you that sit on a forum all day, where they deal with real car audio all day.
Call who? Sure, it's easy to come in here and not have any idea of what's transpiring, and blow off incorrectly spelled and punctuated sentences about this and that, but who are we supposed to call? Ghostbusters? I'll tell you the same this I told 6thaveme: "Go away". You aren't worth my time.
As opposed to... what? FAKE car audio? You obviously have more time on YOUR hands than you should have also. The way you type and punctuate, leads me to believe STRONGLY that you are really 6thaveme or in some way "friendly" with him... Again. "Go away".
I actually have a real job, as well. IT Manager in a doctor's office. I run my own IT consulting business on the side, and I work a third job as an IT consultant for another company in Bakersfield. I know, you're gonna say "What's IT got to do with audio?" Well, I actually STARTED in audio, and moved to IT.
Now, put down the jigsaw, and go back to school. Pay attention this time, please? I think I'll go weep for the future again...
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

I owned a 1986 Honda CRX, I had probably about 10 different sub configurations in it over the 10 years I drove it.  4 15s  2  15s   4  12s  2  12s  6  10s  and finally 4 8s in a ported enclosure.  Most of the boxes were powered by the bottom half of a Rockford Power 650.  The 4 8s mounted behind the shock tower, with each pair Vd and firing out of each side of the vehicle, was definitely the best sounding and got lower than any of the previous systems.  So to all of you guys that THINK that 8s can get as low as 15s, I believe you. 

No means Know.

joeb3845 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2009 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

sorry i ment to post this in a thread of it own and i will try to be more specific on what was said. also this has nothen to do with kicker i dont like any thing from kicker ether. if the mods let me i will create a post just for my phone calls and no non of them are cheap 2nd hand nock offs but however i dont feel i am aloud to revill there name

i know im a bad speller im sorry

Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic