2004 v4 camry, viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
baby007 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2009 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all,
I have a 2004 V4 Camry. I had the viper installed for about 1 month ago. Everything was fine until today. When I was trying to install a window rolling module, I accidentally unplug (the car battery is still connected) a harness on the satellite relay module. You can see in the picture, the harness that I circled
2004 v4 camry, viper 791xv -- posted image.
I tried to plug it back in but it does not work. Every time I try to plug it in, the starter start cranking and staring the car.AFter the car has started, I still hear some strange sound coming from the engine compartment. I think maybe the starter making that sound. If I unplug harness, the engine die immediately.
Anybody have any ideal about what should I do to get it working again?
Thank you so much for your time.
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  

That should have no affect at all. If there were relays connected to anyone of those wires, did they put a diode inline? Diodes are an absolute must. If the purple wire in that connector sees a ground feedback, then it'll crank the engine.

Also, something else to check, I think that you must have slightly unplugged the 12-pin connector on the main module by accident or moved it so that the module doesn't see ground.

Re-insert the 12-pin correctly before connecting the 4-pin harness.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2009 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
Small point, remove the unit's power fuses, reconnect and then re-insert the fuses.
Big Dog 
Posted: March 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
Howies on the same path as myself. Vipers, like most units, need to see ground before all other wires.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2009 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
Big Dog you're so right, years ago I was taught to ALWAYS conect ground first also an an anti-static measure,  some makes won't even work properly unless the ground is connected (and properly even to scraping down to bare metal) first.
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2009 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  

when unplugging this harness did you grab it by the white plastic plug itself or did you yank on the wires? That could possibly damage a connection in one of the Pins.  Big Dog made a good point as well.

baby007 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
Problem solved my friends. The main plug is a little bit loose. Thanks so much.
Big Dog 
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
Big Dog wrote:

I think that you must have slightly unplugged the 12-pin connector on the main module by accident or moved it so that the module doesn't see ground.

Re-insert the 12-pin correctly before connecting the 4-pin harness.

I love it when I'm right. 2004 v4 camry, viper 791xv -- posted image.

baby007 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
Hi there, right now Im trying to put the window module into my 04 camry. I bought the asianwolf module. Here is its manual: http://wolfcominnovations.com/images/vs/acc/pw400/pw400wiringdiagram.jpg
According to the manual, I have to find the wires that roll up (or down) for each window. For example, I found out that the GREEN/ YELLOW in this picture is the roll up cable for the rear-left window. But the thing is I dont know where to cut the cable so that I can separate one switch side and one motor side. I did cut that wire right next to the blue plug into half. Then I measure continuity between the 2 half of that wire and the multimeter says they are still connect together. How can that happen? Are they still connect together at somewhere else? I was thinking about cutting right at the switch but then I have to route the wire from the module all the way to the switch. Is there any way we can do that. I try to avoid open the whole door panel to look at the cable(I just dont want to break anymore clips)
2004 v4 camry, viper 791xv -- posted image.
Right now, I can control 4 windows using the driver switch. Will this feature still working after I put the module in?
For the driver window only, right now I can either manually roll down the window or push the switch deeper for the one-touch full travel something to make the window roll down automatically. I heard that we have to wire something more so that we can have this feature working with the new module. Is that true
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
Big Dog.. would you happen to know where I can get a wire diagram for an 2002 Lancer to hook up a DEI 530T? thanks
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic