2004 v4 camry, viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
baby007 wrote:
Hi there, right now Im trying to put the window module into my 04 camry.
According to the manual, I have to find the wires that roll up (or down) for each window.
you can also find all but the driver's door down there. (maybe even the drivers)
from AUDIOVOX:
          LF Window Up          GREEN          (REV)          INSIDE DRIVER'S DOOR          
     LF Window Dn          RED          (REV)          INSIDE DRIVER'S DOOR          
     RF Window Up          GREEN / WHITE          (REV)          INSIDE DRIVER'S DOOR          
     RF Window Dn          RED / BLUE          (REV)          INSIDE DRIVER'S DOOR          
     LR Window Up          GREEN/ YELLOW          (REV)          INSIDE DRIVER'S DOOR          
     LR Window Dn          RED / YELLOW          (REV)          INSIDE DRIVER'S DOOR          
     RR Window Up          GREEN/ BLACK          (REV)          INSIDE DRIVER'S DOOR          
     RR Window Dn          RED / BLACK          (REV)          INSIDE DRIVER'S DOOR
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
jcs091570 wrote:
Big Dog.. would you happen to know where I can get a wire diagram for an 2002 Lancer to hook up a DEI 530T? thanks
next time start your own thread
IN DRIVERS DOOR

Window Up          -           D\ RED / BLACK P\ BLUE/WHITE D\ WHITE P\ BLUE/BLACK           
Window Down     -      F/ GREEN/ BLACK F/ BLACK/ WHITE R/ BLUE R/ GREEN/ YELLOW
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you. that is why I am a rookie. 2004 v4 camry, viper 791xv - Page 2 -- posted image.
baby007 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2009 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
So according to your wiring, another-kelly, if I want to place the module in the driver kick panel I will have to extend the wire of the module thru the gromet to the master switch in the driver door?
Anyone have any ideal about the rest of my previous question?
Thanks
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2009 at 3:19 AM / IP Logged  
If I read this right.. drivers side window up is RED / blk and passenger is blue/wht. Drivers side down is grn/blk and passenger is blk/wht.  Thanks for you help
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2009 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged  
I'm confused what questions are we trying to answer here?  The Camry...how to test for windows.  First someone's given you the colours.  Take a DMM, set to 20vdc,  take the black probe to ground,  and the red to the suspect wire.  It will show 12v+ on window up only.   If you then cut this wire, and try again with the DMM in place,  the switch side will give you 12v+, the motor side will stay at ground.  You were testing it wrong. Don't use continuity, you were going back through the motor.  At rest on a conventionally switched window system, what DEI  call type "A", both sides will rest on ground, hence the continuity. The second point, does this window closer give you close or "one touch up" and down?  If it's the second case I would strongly advise taking the 4 wires to each motor individually as the manufacturer probably suggests. If not I would mount the modules in the car and bring the the two drivers wires into the door,  picking up the other wires in the driver's kickwell,  thus removing fear of damp which could happen in the door. Another sound reason is that some Japanese manufacturers use data on many models thus when not sure, I always pull the master switch and test or have a lok at the cables, if you have 6 thick cables going to the other three doors you're OK, if thin or too few it's data and you wil have to go to each door. The Lancer, if you have a feature whereby power is retained on the switch panel giving you one touch close for 1 minute after removing the ignition key, your system is definately data and go to each motor.
baby007 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks howie II and everyone. Get the module works finally. Have to take out the whole driver door panel and route the wires to the switch. But seem another problem happened. Right now, every time I turn the key to the ACC position or On position, I hear a zzzz noise coming out from the bottom of the center console. When I open the hood, I can hear it from the center area of the firewall. If I turn the key to Off, its gone. Any ideal?
baby007 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2009 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
One more question: I know there is a variable resistor to adjust the current to the motor but is there any chance that this cheap module will get the window motors burned? Should I get the DEI 530? I know the 530 is good but its kind of overpriced for me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic