icon

ho alts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bwhvac065@aol.c 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have a link or know of anyone that can make brackets for multiple alts? i have looked at excessive amp and power mustards they both make ho alts for my application buy i want to run multiples. 96 jimmy 4.3 v6 6 12s 5500 watts soon to be torn out and will be replaced by 2 DD 9518F and 2 pa 5500w 3000 rms amps any advice?
Blazerspl
6 rockford 12s
5500 watt pa amp
12.0 cubic enclosure
BIG 3
ragsports 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, DO NOT go with thoes PA amps. You are going to be very disappointed in the long run. They produce no where near the power they claim, and the build quality on thoes amps are horrible. Save up your money and put it towards a good quality amplifier. Maybe we can make some different suggestions. What is your budget? As for the brackets most of the time theses have to be custom made for the vehicle. There are only a handful of vehicles they make pre-manufactured brackets of that type for.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

You want to run multiple alternators?  You'll most likely have to get a custom bracket fabricated for you.  Go talk to a good auto electrical shop in your area and see if they have a welder who can help.  Or call these guys.

And ditto on the PA amplifiers.

Support the12volt.com
bwhvac065@aol.c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
im just like the other guy with the pa amp but mine hasnt crapped out yet..... Yet that is. it was a good deal for the power i thought?  Im going to running the DD9518f two of them im sick of the light weight stuff I want tons of bass and tons of SPL ive been stuck at 145 db and it sucks. so what kinda amps put out true power without paying a dollar per watt?
Blazerspl
6 rockford 12s
5500 watt pa amp
12.0 cubic enclosure
BIG 3
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
DLS amps are nice.  US Amps has lots of fans and seem pretty good still, although they're not as good as they used to be.  I always liked JBL amplifiers.  Some of the Memphis stuff is still pretty good too, and some people like Cadence.  JL Audio amps are very nice, then there's Zapco and Audisson and Genesis and Brax/Helix but those may be out of your price range.
Support the12volt.com
bwhvac065@aol.c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
yea like i said i really dont want to pay a dollar per watt but i gotta do what i gotta do. so should i just google the brand name you stated above? and then look for a authorized dealer vs the flea market LOL just kidding
Blazerspl
6 rockford 12s
5500 watt pa amp
12.0 cubic enclosure
BIG 3
bwhvac065@aol.c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
im looking at this a6000gti jbl amp its not really clear about the price but it seems to supply the power and you guys seem to like it alot more than pa and kole so what do you think? im gonna go work on my truck be back in a little
Blazerspl
6 rockford 12s
5500 watt pa amp
12.0 cubic enclosure
BIG 3
ragsports 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thoes are usually around 2 grand, great amps but still pricey, What type of voice coils are on that sub? Ohm ratings and how many coils.
bwhvac065@aol.c 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
im checking out amps on the web i found a 10,000 watt warhorse for a dollar per watt id love to have but i think she will say no so im gonna keep looking
Blazerspl
6 rockford 12s
5500 watt pa amp
12.0 cubic enclosure
BIG 3
DYohn 
Posted: April 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
What's so magic about "a dollar a watt"?
Support the12volt.com
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic