2003 toyota matrix remote start issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
av8rtom 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
It is very rare for a 2003 Matrix to have a transponder key. Back when I installed, I remember the wiring charts listing it as a possibility, but I don't think I ever saw one that had one. At least from that year.
Reversing Ign 1 and Ign 2 on a system will not have any negative effect, unless they are not true ignition wires. The are both true ignition wires on a Toyota. Not your problem...
I have never installed Code Alarm but the issue you are describing sounds related to programming. I just downloaded the manual for the CA-610 on this site and it clearly says 7 flashes is "tach has not learned".
Thanks, I appreciate it! I will go to their website and look at the 610 manual.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
He said on THIS website...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
av8rtom 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:
He said on THIS website...
yeah, saw that, but I am not able to edit anything since I have few postings. I looked here in this website and did not find the manual that was referred to. My powers of search are weak.
While I am at it, here is another question: Keyless entry......
I have hooked up the wires as stated with power lock and power unlock in the passenger kick panel. I have hooked up the door trigger (-) in the driver kick panel also, however the LOCK does not work. UNLOCK works fine.
I was unable to find where to connect the door trigger (+) from the alarm. I think this might be the problem.
I found this post but there isn't a door trigger (+). Could this be what is missing to make the door LOCK function work?
I know it is a negative switching system, but where is the (+) door trigger?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp
Choose category Car Alarm Manuals
Type in "Code Alarm"
You just need to connect to the (-) door trigger. You never use both the (+) and (-).
I'm sure there are many green wires in the passenger kick panel. How are you testing it to make sure you have the right wire?
av8rtom 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp
Choose category Car Alarm Manuals
Type in "Code Alarm"
You just need to connect to the (-) door trigger. You never use both the (+) and (-).
I'm sure there are many green wires in the passenger kick panel. How are you testing it to make sure you have the right wire?
Thanks for that. I will look there. To test it I look for negative voltage when the key is in the passenger door and turned to lock/unlock. Since the unlock feature worked, I figured I found the right one. I will look again.
Back to the remote start:
I hooked up the blue/black key sense at the ignition to the blue/black (-) ground from the alarm box, and still no luck. I even changed the programming to tachless, and still no luck.
I am now getting 7 clicking noises on a relay in the dash, and now beeping is heard 7 times as well in the car (the same beeping when the key is inserted and the car is off) I am missing something :(
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
The 7 clicking noises is probably the relay in the alarm brain that powers the parking lights.
Could you list all the wires you have connected? You must have missed something important.
Make sure the red and RED / violet 12v constant wires are both hooked up.
If you connected a hood pin wire, disconnect it until you get the car to remote start to eliminate that as a potential problem.
I'm going out now. I'll check the post again tonight and see if you made any progress.
av8rtom 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, here is what I hooked up:
ALARM MODULE       CAR WIRES
Battery Power 1              --> White @ ignition harness
Battery Power 2              --> Black @ ignition harness
Starter Output--> Red @ ignition harness
Ignition 1 Output            --> BLACK / YELLOW @ ignition harness
HVAC Ouptut   --> Blue/Red @ ignition harness
Selectable Ignition 2 Output --> BLACK/ White @ ignition harness
Hood Pin      --> New hood pin installed
Brake Input / Shutdown       --> GREEN / WHITE @ brake pedal switch
Chassis Ground Source        --> New ground point
Active Output --> Blue/Black @ ignition harness (connected for key trigger)
I verified all connections and grounds.
97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  

Have you programmed the tach yet?

TACH PROGRAMMING:

The Remote Car Start will learn the tach rate of most vehicles single ignition coils, multiple coil packs, and or

single injector. To learn tach:

1. Turn the ignition key to the ON position.

3. Press and release the program switch 3 times..

4. Immediately turn the ignition key OFF.

5. Hold the program switch ON, then start the vehicle

6. When the unit senses the tach signal, the parking lights will begin to flash.

7. Release the program switch. The parking lights will turn on for 3 seconds to indicate that the tach signal is stored

and the unit is now out of the program mode.

tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  

TACH PROGRAMMING:

The Remote Car Start will learn the tach rate of most vehicles single ignition coils, multiple coil packs, and or

single injector. To learn tach:

1. Turn the ignition key to the ON position.

3. Press and release the program switch 3 times.

4. Immediately turn the ignition key OFF.

5. Hold the program switch ON, then start the vehicle using the ignition key.

6. When the unit senses the tach signal, the parking lights will begin to flash.

7. Release the program switch. The parking lights will turn on for 3 seconds to indicate that the tach signal is stored

and the unit is now out of the program mode.

7 Flashes ...Tach has NOT learned.

2 Pin Control Switch: (Red Connector)

The Black & BLACK/ White wires loaded in the two pin red connector enable the operation of the Remote Start

system. When the Black w/ White wire is grounded, the Remote Start system is operable. When this wire is open

from ground, the Remote Start is disabled. Route the twin lead Black & BLACK/ White wires from the control

switch to the Remote Start system and plug red two pin connector into the mating red two pin connector shell of

the control module.

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
av8rtom 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, progress has been made! After doing the TACH programming, the car now will try to start!! It turns over, however it does not start. I think it is not getting fuel.
As for the instructions about the 2 Pin Control Switch: (Red Connector) the CA-611 does not have this switch.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic