icon

2005 silveraldo and rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
beakerss 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2009 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
I am in a confused state. I recently bought a viper 5101 and am getting ready to install it next week just brushing up on my skills. I know what to install and where to install it, but the heavy gauge is what is throwing me. it goes like this
H3/1 pink    Ignition 1 input/output
H3/2 RED / white              (+) fused (30A) fused ignition 2/flex relay input 87
H3/3 Orange Accessory output
H3/4 Violet Starter output
H3/5 Red     (+) fused (30A) Ignition 1 input
H3/5 Pink/white             Ignition 2/flex relay output 30
H3/7 Pink/black             Flex relay input 87A keyside (if required) of flex relay
H3/8 RED / black              (+) fused (30A) accessory/starter input
I have installed a few remote starts before; although for some reason I am lost on this one. If someone can please help me and tell me where to put the wires it would be appreciated. Thank you very much for any assistance.
Shaun
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2009 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
Which of the wires are you confused about?
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
beakerss 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2009 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
I guess i am reading too deep into the instructions. Where they pretty much all go. I may be having a blond moment, for some reason I just cant understand it. I have installed viper 1600xp, viper 791xv and was not confused about the instructions. Thank you for your assistance.
christopherrice 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2009 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
I too am stumped on some of the DEI wiring. Some insight to this would be greatly appreciated.
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2009 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
the 3 red(constant 12volts) go to constant power to power the internal relays, purple is output to starter wire in truck(yellow or violet), pink to ign1 (pink) orange to accessory (orange)pink/white should be igniton 2(white in truck)pink/blk should not be need it appears this is in case ignition 2 needs to be isolated from ign switch during remote start(ala chrysler mux wire)
they used to have a green wire also for key side of starter wire( which you would cut so that during remote start it would have anti grind) does it no longer have this wire/circuit?
jim hunter 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2009 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
but im confused? if you have experience doing remote starts this harness is the most self explanitory harness in a kit( with the execption of the flex wire, but again this should all be explained in the install manual) no offense but if this harness confuses you it sounds like maybe you should have someone with more experience install this unit in your truck,what are you doing for passlock?;, door locks? tach? etc
christopherrice 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2009 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
What im lost in is the flex relay wires. Are those just left alone? Though my install isnt a Chevy truck. Im in a 06 Jeep Commander.
jim hunter 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2009 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
without reading the new dei instructions, my guess is that they are the in and output sides of a 2nd ignition relay which would be used for the chrysler mux wire if not using an interface that incorporates the mux circuit, as when hardwiring the resistor based 2nd ignition/start you must use a relay to isolate from the ign switch it appears from the brief description and w/o reading the instruction that this is what the flex relay wiring is
beakerss 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2009 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
Exactly. the flex relays are what is throwing me. i know where majority of the wires go but the flex relays are killing me. These are exactly word for word out of the DEI instructions; although this remote start has not starter kill.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2009 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Jim is correct. On a 2005 GM truck, the pink/black is not connected to anything.
Examples of what it could be used for:
1)   Toyota Celica/Nissan Altima that needs to have the ignition wire cut when adding remote start to prevent the starter from grinding when inserting the key. RED / white to constant 12v, cut ignition wire and connect to pink/white and pink/black.
2)   early 2000's Dodge Caravan that has a second starter wire that needs to have 180 ohms through ground fed to the second starter wire. Cut 2nd starter wire in van, connect pink/black to key side, pink/white to starter side, and RED / white to ground through a 180 ohm resistor to ground.
You can look at the RED / white, pink/white and pink/black as 3 terminals on a relay.
RED / white is 87, pink/white as 30, and pink/black as 87a.
It is your job to determine how it is used, depending on the vehicle.
You then can change how the relay is activate by going in the programming menu. It can function as a starter output, accessory output, or ignition ouput.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic