programming instructions for dei 455j

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rmp1426 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee  Locks

Does anyone know where I can find programming instructions for DEI-455J?  or does someone know how to?

tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=611
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
rmp1426 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Hey!! Thanks! i have that one..  I'm trying to re-program the remotes.  I can't lock/unlock the doors from the remote, just the remote start.... 
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
OK...I dont follow...The keyless entry is NOT working on the remote start remote...? Did it ever...? Can you hear the relays clicking when pressing lock/unlock...? And your saying that the vehicle is still remote starting from remote...Just no lock/unlock...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
rmp1426 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
I"m not sure if it ever did, I just bought the truck... I see the black box under the dash... the lady that owned the truck before me had her pocket book stolen, in there were the factory remotes. Its a pain in the ass trying to manually lock and unlock..  When i press the louck/unlock bottons on the remote, the lights flash but does nothing... The only function I have on the remote is the remote start..
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  

Was the door locks connected to the 455j from the remote start...? There should be a diagnostic plug at drivers under-dash...This is where the data wire is attached...Can you see this connection...? On most units the lock and unlock are green and blue...The 455j is just an interface for the door locks...It is not the remote start...! You are probably going to have to dig a little deeper in the dash to find the remote start...There should be a 2or 3 pin harness for the lock and unlock wires...Follow these as they should attach to the green and blue on the 455j...

M.E.C.P & First-Class
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
The 455J does not require any programming. When you connect it correctly, it just works. Either a wiring issue, something came unplugged, or something is defective. I don't think I ever saw a defective 455J.
rmp1426 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
ok.. what should i be looking for? 
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
You need to take a multimeter to the 455J and test to see if all the wires are connected correctly. Does it have power? Ground? Door lock wires connected and getting (-) pulse signals when you use the remote? Is the data wire connected to the OBDII wire? If you take a jumper wire and tap ground to either the lock or unlock input does it do anything? Is the fuse blown for the 455J?
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:

Was the door locks connected to the 455j from the remote start...? There should be a diagnostic plug at drivers under-dash...This is where the data wire is attached...Can you see this connection...? On most units the lock and unlock are green and blue...The 455j is just an interface for the door locks...It is not the remote start...! You are probably going to have to dig a little deeper in the dash to find the remote start...There should be a 2or 3 pin harness for the lock and unlock wires...Follow these as they should attach to the green and blue on the 455j...

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic