icon

audi a4l push start and remote starter.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
equate 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2009 at 3:55 AM / IP Logged  
I am going to install Compustar 9000FMR on Audi A4L 2009.
This car is push button start. Is there any special connection for it?
After remote start, does it still need a key?Otherwise when press foot brake, will it stop?
I am going to use universal trans box. do I just leave the chipset inside that box? or Just leave a chipset somewhere in car without a transponder box?
equate 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2009 at 3:56 AM / IP Logged  
And btw, where do I locate the tach wire?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 12, 2009 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
I've done one of these cars.
It was a pain. I charged the guy a bunch extra, but I still didn't charge him enough.
Anyway, both ADS (idatalink.com) and Fortin (ifar.ca) have modules to do this car.
Maybe you could somehow do it without a module, but I never tried. I think that would make it even more work than it already is.
In any case, one Audi keyfob will become a permanent part of the installation.
P.S. Parking lights in this car are controlled by data and I never managed to find them. The car has DRLs in the front to give remote start confirmation.
equate 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2009 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
Your experience is important for me. the car will go into my shop on Saturday. I haven't done it before.
"In any case, one Audi keyfob will become a permanent part of the installation. "
If you leave a keyfob in car with push start, why do you need transponder? Doesn't it send RF to car? Sorry that I am new on this field. My question might be stupid...
From paper work, PARKING LIGHTS ( + )       GRAY/BLACK (+)       BEHIND LIGHT SWITCH , can't you find it? I dont want to spend more money for data module.
And where is DRLs? what is that?
Chris Luongo 
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged  
On the car I did, I used the idatalink module. I haven't tried the Fortin piece.
You could go to either of those sites, put in your kind of car to find the appropriate product, and then click on the install guides....you'll see where they want you to put one of the existing keys.
I suppose you could look at the install guide for the product, then find the listed wires in the car, test them and try to trigger them directly from your remote start without using the module......good luck.
Even with the module it took a long time. I don't think I would do another one of these cars for less than $500. Maybe $400-450 if the customer was really nice.
There are only a handful of wires behind the parking light switch and all tested like data. I didn't find any parking light wire there.
equate 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
I suppose you could look at the install guide for the product, then find the listed wires in the car, test them and try to trigger them directly from your remote start without using the module......good luck.
I look on the manual. It doesnt need that key sense wire.
and what is CANH and CANL? What do they do with alarm?
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
sends information from your bypass to the computer of the car to lock, unlock, door triggers, etc.
Chris Luongo 
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
CAN= Controlled Area Network.
Those two wires are the module communicating with the car via data.
The module sends computerized data commands to the car to control the doorlocks, trunk, and arm and disarm the factory alarm.
The module also MIGHT be sending data signals during remote start, in addition to controlling those three wires coming from the key cylinder......I have no idea how to test these data wires and see what they're doing......again, not sure if the data commands are absolutely necessary to start the car or not.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
To Thack79;  your sentence should have ended  with triggers and by-passes the factory transponder/immobiliser. Personally I wouldn't touch a post 03 Audi with a bargepole.
equate 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for 3 frds above answered my question.
Chris Luongo wrote:
The module also MIGHT be sending data signals during remote start, in addition to controlling those three wires coming from the key cylinder......I have no idea how to test these data wires and see what they're doing......again, not sure if the data commands are absolutely necessary to start the car or not.
Let's make an example:
For this coming car, Audi A4L. I would use platform 77, type 3.
On manual, I have to connect CANH to ORANGE / LT Green, CANL to ORANGE / Brown. and it says "this twisted pair can be found in driver kick panel from door harness"
How can you be sure these two wires are correct? Are there any other same color wires around there?
How to test these two wires? Or just try it one by one?
And I dont have iDatalink now. I am going to use a bulldog universal transponder. will be problem for door locks/unlocks...etc?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic