audi a4l push start and remote starter.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
To Thack79;  your sentence should have ended  with triggers and by-passes the factory transponder/immobiliser. Personally I wouldn't touch a post 03 Audi with a bargepole.
come on howie you dont mean that lol....next audi i get ill send your way. lol
honest opinion here, if you dont know what CAN is... i would not touch this car. i been installing 13 years and would not even give this consideration on a slow day
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2009 at 3:48 AM / IP Logged  

metz, I've been making my money this week doing trackers so nice and easy, 10 minutes to do then 20 mins wait while the bloody thing hooks up to our servers etc. etc.  No outside in this weather (it's storm time, we have warnings out and floods all over, I have alternate layers of mud and ice on the car).

This car is just too complicated for all bar the you, me, Luongos, Piersons and Wallaces of this world to try with apologies to other masters not mentioned. The swine at VAG change those CAN protocols every 2 years or so, you've got 2 separate CANs going into the driver's door alone. I wouldn't even start one without ALL the available crib sheets to hand and probably drive it down to the Clifford importers and get Carlos the tech supervisor to help me!   Ref the question about testing CAN, has our poster got a few hundred $ to spend on a nice 'scope?

Back to the trackers, I was doing Fiat Ivecos, wait to you get them next year to replace the Dodge Sprinters, nasty pieces of rubbish, or as the company's transport manager said to me, "they're cheap and we'll throw 'em away in 2 years!"

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 14, 2009 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
equate wrote:
And I dont have iDatalink now. I am going to use a bulldog universal transponder. will be problem for door locks/unlocks...etc?
Yes, most likely. You can try taking the door apart and see if you find wires in there for lock, unlock, arm, disarm, and trunk. And then you can fish wires into the door.
It's not clear from your post if it's your own car or a customer's car............
But either way, I can't understand why the owner of a fancy, $30k-plus brand-new car, or a professional installer who's about to charge $500, can't afford a $50 module to do the job correctly and efficiently.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2009 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
Chris, without CAN control, you have to go into the driver's door and fudge in an extra alarm driven actuator. No deadlock, no comfort close. I've actually been into the kickwell on a post 04, 2 sets of CAN, speaker wires and 12v+ constant, ignition and ground.  Remember that little lot is driving locks windows x4, mirror, mirror fold and mirror heat, lock deadlock  door trigger and comfort close plus the audio.
equate 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2009 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
It's not clear from your post if it's your own car or a customer's car............
But either way, I can't understand why the owner of a fancy, $30k-plus brand-new car, or a professional installer who's about to charge $500, can't afford a $50 module to do the job correctly and efficiently.
Cutomer's car.
I am in China now. I can't get a bypass module here.
Anyway, I finished this car. I think its wiring is different with versions in North America.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2009 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
Yes a lot different, all locally built variations differ slightly,quite often the by-passes that work on US models don't work on Euro variants, believe me VAG is a prime example.
masterodisaster 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
If anyone can post more info on the 09 Audi wiring I could use a tad bit of help. I spent most of the day trying to get this car done and need parking-light color/location, and also if the key fob stays in the car will it interfere with the other operations of the vehicle (allow the car to be unlocked via the push-button on the exterior door handle?). idatalink tech support did help me, but they didn't know parking light wire color and location.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2009 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
ref the parking light colours....why not hard wire to the lamp units, one ech side using 3amp diode separation, primary colour will be grey.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic