Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
angelars 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
chriswallace187 wrote:
angelars,
You may find my description of PKFM programming here to be helpful.
LOL. Actually that's the exact thread that I found last night when I was researching this. I did try your instructions, but unfortunately it did not work. After the second key is inserted the bypass light does go out, but instead of glowing for 3 seconds afterward it starts flashing slowly again.
I think I need to focus on the other two red wire(s). Apparently something is not getting power when it's supposed to. I think I might have two issues here, the red wire(s) and the bypass. Once the car can start with the key in the ignition then I will have made enough progress to focus on the bypass, as explained above.
I really appreciate everyone help with this and putting me on the right path.
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
refer to MIKE M2 post, I have had 2 ford rangers lately, one an 06 and the other an 07 that would not program at all, we tried various bypasses, it was later figured out that one of the keys was a clone key and that was why nothing would program
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
OK we hooked up the two red wires and now the car starts with the key in the ignition.
Thanks so much to 05gt for helping us with this part of the install.
Now we just need to figure out how to get the bypass to program....   they advertise the bypass as being easy to install, but this XPressKit bypass isn't easy, it's frustrating...
Any suggestions are welcomed...
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

i am looking at the install manual for the PKFM now, the only thing I can think of is check the ground when running wire to make sure it isn't getting any ground during the programming (this is mentioned in the TS part of the guide) if you didn't connect D2D

the install manual doesn't even show 2010 or 2009, so are you sure this will work with the 2010's? have you confirmed with DEI, I think it will but you never know

have you reset the module?

have you loaded the latest firmware into the module?

if you are running D2D you only need to hook up 3 wires, Ignition, RX and TX

they are easy to install it is only 3 wires, but if you have a bad key or something then it will be impossible to install, unless DEI tech support has a way around this, maybe they can give you custom firmware that only allows 1 key to be used

angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=05gt] the install manual doesn't even show 2010 or 2009, so are you sure this will work with the 2010's?
Before I bought it I went to the XPressKit website and looked it up. On the website it says that this is the correct bypass for the 2010 Milan and Fusion. My guess is that they just didn't update the other materials they have.

have you reset the module?

Yes, and I also have reflashed it just to be sure.

have you loaded the latest firmware into the module?

See above.

if you are running D2D you only need to hook up 3 wires, Ignition, RX and TX

Yes, we are using D2D. Green goes to violet/gray of the car. Pink goes to yellow/org of the car, and orange goes to blue/brown of the car. You can see the factory wiring diagram below:
remote start only? - Page 2 -- posted image.

they are easy to install it is only 3 wires, but if you have a bad key or something then it will be impossible to install

How can it be a bad key? The car is only a few weeks old and both keys start the car...
I do appreciate you're trying to help.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2009 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
angelars,
Just to make sure, you are turning each factory key to "run", correct? Simply inserting it into the ignition won't do anything to program.
It's obvious, but make sure your TX and RX connections aren't reversed.
Also, just to reiterate, the programming sequence goes like this:
First key to "run"
Theft light on 3 seconds, then off
Key off and removed
Second key to "run"
Theft light on 3 seconds, then off. Wait a couple seconds.
Second key off and removed
Immediately remove keys at least 6 inches from the key cylinder and activate remote start. It will probably fail to start at this point.
Brake or remote shutdown
Wait 1 minute, turn either key to "run"
Key off
Attempt remote start - this time should be successful.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2009 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Our PKFM just started working on its own. Remote starter now works and I wanted to thank everyone in this thread for helping out. I don't know why it started working, but I checked for intermittent connections and found none. It has worked every time since so I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.
I do have one other question though. I wanted to proceed and hook up the heater wire. According to what I've found the accessory wire is purple and green (see factory diagram below). However it's triggering a relay, and the other side of that factory relay is going to positive 12 volts. That should mean that I would need to connect a ground to that relay to turn on the heater, but I'm being told to send it 12 volts positive with the orange from H3/3.
Is the orange (H3/3) wire sending out a ground? I thought that was sending out 12 volts?
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2009 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
The factory diagram is below:
remote start only? - Page 2 -- posted image.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2009 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
Angelars,
The fact that a heavy gauge wire from the remote start might be called the "heater" output doesn't at all mean that it has to power the blower directly.
On this car, if you've powered up the ignition, accessory, and start wires at the ignition switch, the blower should already be working.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic