icon

complete novice, alarm/remote start, 88 mr2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scoobyblue 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
hi there , i am very new to this game so bear with me . i drive a mk1 mr2 supercharger which had a transponder immobilizer on it . i decided to take it out and instal a boomerang alarm/immobiliser/remote starteretc kit . i have only ever done diy domestic wiring and am struggling with auto electrics , i.e. on the alarm wiring diagram it positive output and input , and some for neg input and out put , also when it says 200ma negative output idoes it mean from the car or from the module?on the door lockpower input it saysto use either +12v or ground input , does that mean that on the door lock outputs i use the opposite , i.e +input then -output for the lock/unlock or does it make no difference. i am starting to think i have bitten off more than i can chew . if i could source a video online for the installation of this or a similar system , it would be a great help. normally i would have given up by now but this is intriguing me and the stubborn side of me has kicked in and is telling me not to give up.any help or pointers would be gratefully received bearing in mind not to blind me with too much science!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
Your locks are low current neg which means you need to supply neg to lock and unlock the vehicle, also on a cold morning if you have to pump the accelerator before she catches, don't bother also the brand you're fitting, throw it away, last but not least considering it's a very easy car but with lots of work should you be doing this?
scoobyblue 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
i have no choice but to do this myself , i havent worked since june so cant afford a professional installation
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
its going to be difficult because you don't have all the available tool from a professional installer,
scoobyblue 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
i realise it wont be easy but surely not impossible , everyone here seems to be quick to point this out but very few offering any encouragement  or advice as to where i might find information as to fittiong this , i know these are basic questions that may seem stupid to those that know but just remember you all had to start somewhere , stupid questions like do i connect the starter relay to the car side of the harness and the control module to the key /ignition side , if i am on too technical a forum for these stupid questions then just say so and i will desist , or point me in the right direction , BE CONSTRUCTIVE PEOPLE
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
The thing is. . .
If you ask you to use a DMM to test the polarity of the door unlock pulse, if you don't have a DMM the information we give you is useless.
scoobyblue 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
forget it i am sure i will find somewhere with helpful people who arent so far up their own ar*e that they cant see where they came from , bye
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a video of a very basic and generic R/S install process:

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/real/bull1.html

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2009 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  
WE aren't up our own backsides from your answers to some questions and lack of answers to the question I asked you on your other post you are helplessly out of your depth and I'm seriously worried about what damage you will do to your vehicle and what it's going to cost YOU to put it right. On your other posts I dismissed the R/S you named because I hadn't heard of it. If it uses oil pressure switch or voltage to determine tach sense, i.e. if engine is running then definitely don't try to install it. On your other post you couldn't tell the difference between a standard wired relay (used for starter cut and anti-grind) and a lock module. You still haven't told me whether you can start up the vehicle on a cold morning without pumping the accelerator because if you have to pump it the whole thing is moot anyway. Answer our questions without the attitude that we are ganging up on you and you might get some answers.
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2009 at 4:45 AM / IP Logged  
Howie is right you seem way out of your depth on this mate. Post schematic for this make of alarm and I'm sure we'll tell you what wires go where and what to look for.
howie also is trying to save you alot of wasted time and effort askig do you have to pump accelerator. If you do have pump the car will not remote start even if you get everything else spot on..
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic