the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 ford fusion, viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
monty862 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, I'll try that. The SJB on this car is tucked up way under the dash. Most of the connections I need are at the top. I would have preferred to wire up near the SJB so I could release the pins and use heat shrink. Can I plug the connector back in and test from the back of the switch? Thanks for the reply.
monty862 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks X1le. Tested again and it went to ground. Tapped in at the switch. Works fine. Parking light wire is next. Install sheet states parking lights (+) PURPLE / white wire at SJB or drivers kick. The light switch is right next to my trunk pop switch and I would like to tap into it there. I tested all 9 wires that go to the switch. There is a WHITE/ purple (vs. PURPLE / white as per install sheet) that shows 12 volts when the parking lights are turned on. I'm presuming I can tap directly into this wire with the Vipers parking light feed with the onboard fuse installed in the (+) position. The install sheet also lists a (-) parking light wire for the vehicle. I'm a little confused as to why there are two wires listed. Am I ok with what I'm thinking or does this (-) wire come into play. Thanks
x1le 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
you can use either the + or -. Whichever is easier to tag is what I use, just be sure to set the fuse in the 5901 accordingly.
And I would connect to what the diagram tells you to.
monty862 
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
I'm getting ready to do my door trigger wire. My install sheet shows a different wire for each door. The vehicle has a message center that tells you which door is ajar. It looks like I'll need to isolate each wire with a diode. Is this correct? If so, what amp diodes do I use? This will be the first time I've had to use diodes in an install. The two remote starts I did years ago didn't require them. Do you just solder them inline and heat shrink or tape them up? You would think someone would have come up with a holder or "diode bus" by now. Thanks.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

you will use 1N400x 1 amp diodes. x can be any value 1-4.

if the trigger is negative, put the diodes band towards the wire, if positive, band towards the alarm.

and yes its simply in line.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
monty862 
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
Guess I have to get some diodes. Here are a few more installation pics. This is the 5901 and the Fortin module mounted on a bar that runs along the bottom of the dashboard, directly below the steering column. The Fortin is attached to the Viper with Velcro.2010 ford fusion, viper 5901 - Page 3 -- posted image.This is the trunk pop connection at the dash switch. 2010 ford fusion, viper 5901 - Page 3 -- posted image.This is the horn connection at the steering column. Its the bottom wire blue/white. You can see the heat shrink sticking out past the tape. 2010 ford fusion, viper 5901 - Page 3 -- posted image.
monty862 
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  
My buddy says he has some 3 amp diodes. Can I use them or should I get the 1 amp?
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged  

3 amp will work fine as well.

Ted
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged  

btw very clean installation !

looks good.

Ted
Compustar Expert
monty862 
Posted: February 18, 2010 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks. It should though, I've routed and re-routed trying to get the cleanest look and least clutter. I'm attempting to make it hard to tell it is even installed unless you really look for it. Still studying on the antenna location. Anyway, I went ahead and got the 1 amp diodes for the door triggers.  I've been prepping them tonight. Here they are. I left the heat shrink off one for the photo. I used some cut wire from shortened leads off the H1 harness. The GREEN wire from the H1 harness will attach to the other end of the diodes. Am I correct in thinking that if I attach additional sensors (tilt,glass breakage,external shock) to the blue H1 trunk/instant trigger wire, that all those must be individually isolated as well? Thanks again.2010 ford fusion, viper 5901 - Page 3 -- posted image.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic