icon

big three

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jizmak55 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  

I was wastcing a yuobute video on how to install the big three i got the pos to batt, and neg to chasis installed in my car i cant get to the engine side of the engine to neg in the video i noticed the kid said and bolt on the engine will work is that true or does it have to be the same bolt that the old engine to batt connection is at. and what would happen if i just didnt do that one is that bad for my alt? will it give me more power? and will my headlights stop dimming?

Db electrical 200a alt
0awg wiring kit
Yellow top optima
2 pioneer premier TS30004DVC subs
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
first please proof read before you finalize your post!!!second what are you asking and third it does matter what bolt on the engine block you use (i gathered that much from your post)
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged  
Meaning, a BIG 2?
This is what I do for FUN!
mrarff 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, he doesn't need to proofread, this is the way that generation C thinks,talks,ect By the way Gen C is for CLUELESS
"That'll get ya 10 in Leavenworth,11 in Twelveworth, or 5 & 10 in Woolworth". Groucho Marx                                                      
xchrisx 
Copper - Posts: 197
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
With any ground in general, the shorter, the better. Less resistance. Also, the thicker the wire the better as well, again less resistance. This is what you are aiming for, less resistance = good, more resistance = bad! Just remember less is more when grounding. Also, no need to bash the guy, although jizmak55 you should indeed proof read your entry first. The site is here to help and thats what jizmak55 needs.
bp
jizmak55 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  

yea i forgot to proofread i really didnt think i deserved to be responded to like that i have the upmost respect for you guys and what you do and im comin to you for your knowledge not disrespect.  i simply asked how important the battery negative to engine wire is in the big 3 because it is not easy to get to in my car (almost imposible because im not a mechanic). I also saw a yuobute video of a kid doing the big three and i caught him saying you can run that wire from the battery negatvi to any bolt on the engine it dosnt have to run to the same bolt as the battery negative. And the final thing was if i do this 3 step will it make my light dimming go away because everything else in my car is grounded at the strut tower and its my understanding that thats the best place to ground.  Please respond constructivly and not like a 2 year old because my 2 year old could make fun of me better than you did. Thanks

Db electrical 200a alt
0awg wiring kit
Yellow top optima
jizmak55 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  

it also wont let me spell yuobute corectlly its censoring it

Db electrical 200a alt
0awg wiring kit
Yellow top optima
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
We have no way of telling you if the vehicle will stop dimming. You have not told us your vehicle info nor your system info. We have no idea what your alt is capable of putting out nor what kind of draw demand your audio system has.
If headlights are dimming. Your first step is to do the big 3. You will need it for a H/O alt anyway. Usually headlight dimming is telling you you don't have enough power being made to support the draw or the vehicle wire cannot support. If it is slight dimming the big three may clear it up. If you are trying to draw more than the alt can produce then you are going to need a H/O alt as well as the big 3.
big three -- posted image.
xchrisx 
Copper - Posts: 197
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
No problem with the spelling errors, but most people, as you can tell, get frustrated when people start using slang for words or do not properly type a sentence, or even when someone pieces sentences together and its hard to understand. But going back at the people is just making them happy because I am sure they intended to bash you and it worked, just blow it off. We are all here to help you out. I have enclosed a link below to an amazing write up on the Big 3 and answers pretty much any questions you may have regard it.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~73496~PN~1
bp
jizmak55 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
I am really sorry i posted all of my info on a different topic i completely forgot to post it on this one. I apologize.  I have an optima yellow top battery.  A db electrical 200a alternator.  A sony head unit.  0 gauge running to a distabution block, from there 4 gauge running to 2 cheap xplod amps.  The amps are pushing 2 pioneer premier TS-W3002D4 subs, they run at 3000max 1000 rms. There in a sealed box. and i have 2 of the big three ( hence my initial question).  My car is a 99 3.4l grand am
Db electrical 200a alt
0awg wiring kit
Yellow top optima
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic