< Prev Topic Next Topic >
x1le 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2010 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
dereileak wrote:
ok, now it says these are for
((+) RED / BLACK (30A) FUSED ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY INPUT
This wire is the polarity feed to the accessory and starter relays.)
PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 FLEX RELAY OUTPUT
This wire is factory programmed as Ignition 2 and can be programmed as a
2nd accessory or as a 2nd starter.
(+) (30A) FUSED IGNITION 1 RELAY INPUT
This wire is the polarity feed for the Ignition1 relay.
H3/
(+) (30A) FUSED IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87
This wire is the polarity feed for the ignition 2/flex relay.
H3/3
are polarity feeds just telling the unit its a positive wire, so hook all those up to the 12v constant source except for the "PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 FLEX RELAY OUTPUT" one?
The flex relay is like my favorite thing about the viper units lol. Directed has tryed to minimize the use of extra relays as much as possible.
you're on the right track. Since you have a positive 2nd ignition, you hook up the pink/white to your 2nd ignition and the RED / white to 12volt. If you had a negative 2nd ignition you would still connect the pink/white to it but then you would ground RED / white.
And you could have bought the relays through best buy. They would have only been a few bucks. I'm an employee @ best buy also 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan, Viper 5902 - Page 5 -- posted image.
dereileak 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2010 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
for real? well, I got them at parts-express cost only 1.50 a piece, you know how the agreement when you get the alarm through that viper employee purchase program says it needs to professionally installed? well i am no professional, but I am not an idiot either, does viper check up on that later to make sure it was installed by a pro? I do know viper says that even for customers as they want everyone to have it pro installed, what area you work in Best buy? I work in computers, mp3's, cameras, and Car electronics, even though I do not like to go back there because people ask questions that I do not know, but now it shouldnt be to hard :P for subs, which I learned a ton on and built my own box, and then alarms, ha ha, for some reason I do not trust any one to work on my cars electrical system but me, as I want to make sure it is done right, even though I have never done it, lol, plus it will save me 100 bucks, had to buy 100 bucks in supply's just to do this, but now I will have a nice wire stripper, cheap DMM, and a soldering iron, ha ha, thanks for the help btw
Viper 5902 - Ordered
Kicker Dual CVX 15's - Installed
Kicker ZX 1500.1 Amp - Installed
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2010 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
where would you recommend mounting the viper unit, I have a center console below the CD player that has a bunch of empty space I could mount it flat on there, or is it recommended to mount vertical? the only thing about that center console is it is all plastic and I do not know if its supposed to be on the car metal frame to pick up vibrations or what?
Viper 5902 - Ordered
x1le 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2010 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Don't mention it.
I'm an autotech. So yeah. Best advice I can give you is do your prep work! Before you ever set foot in the car, splice wires together that are going to the same wire in the vehicle, cut and stagger unused wires, and group and tape them up according to where they're going in the vehicle.
So for instance, you only have 1 12volt wire in your vehicle, but you have 4 wires on the viper that need to see 12v constant. So take the red heavy gauge wire on your remote start and strip about an inch of insulation off a few inches from the plug. Then take the RED / white, RED / black, and red thin gauge wire and cut and solder them all to the heavy gauge red. I can't speak for others, but this is how I do it atleast.
The less amount of wires you have the easier it will be.
As for mounting it, everyone has their own ways of doing things. I've seen some just ziptie them brain to other components. I personally like to what I call "spiderweb" the wire lol. After I bench prep the starter, I usually have 3 or 4 different groups of wires. I then stick the brain as high as I can into the dashboard, and route the wires in a way that suspend it securely in the vehicle. Before you mount it, be sure all your connections are plugged in (antenna, program button, etc.) Since this is an alarm, you don't want it to be too easily accessible.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
Doesnt that car have the door lock relays right above the drivers kick...Would negate the resistors...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
I do not beleive so, it says its a one wire system, and just to hook it to that one wire after going through relays, so I think I still need relays
Viper 5902 - Ordered
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
do i need to use diodes for the lock relays coming out of the brain to drive that relay, or is it already designed to run on a relay and is fine?
Viper 5902 - Ordered
x1le 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Diodes are mostly used to prevent feedback.
No, you don't have to use them for your purpose.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
you shouldnt need relays either unless it is both + and - coming from the 5902...Do both lock and unlock require a resistor...If only one and it is - out...Hook up both the lock/unlock wires to the single wire in vehicle...Cut the wire in half that needs the resistor...place the resistor in-between the cut lock or unlock...or just prep the unit with the resistor on the end of lock/unlock and then attach both wires to the wire in the car...Done...No relays...Or just go to the door lock relays in the car with the 5902 lock/unlock wires and pulse the factory relays...Either is ok...And both are pretty easy...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2010 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
I do not understand how the domelight supervisor wire works, says too hook up
h1/4 black and white wire -85 on relay
12v + constant - 86 on relay
Domelight supervision wire - 30 on relay
supervision polarity feed on 87
do I put a ground into 87 since it says its a " DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION       BROWN / WHITE (-), Requires #775 Relay " according to bulldogsecurity
whats does a domelight supervision do for me, is it worth the hassle? I have extra relays and will do it if its not that big of a deal, from what I have read it triggers the lights inside so if you have the car started at night its easier to get in and find, also it says my door trigger needs a relay if connected at the switch where you control the lights "DOOR TRIGGER       BROWN / LIGHT GREEN (-), Requires #775 Relay ", but other sites with diagrams, like this one lists another wire at the fuse panel box , should I just use that one, also is there an easy way to find the tach wire, are there a bunch of them coming out of the engine, says mine is grey, I am going to install tomorrow if it stops snowing long enough, ha ha
Viper 5902 - Ordered
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic