icon

1999 Dodge Grand Caravan, Viper 5902

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dereileak 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
ok, I am gonna skip the domelight supervision, cause it sounds like it just turn on the inside lights when you have remote start on, which isnt a big deal, but now I have an audio sensor that I hook in, the red led comes on, but it does not set off the alarm, from the looks of it it needs a bitwriter to add it, which I do not have, is there any way to have it work without the bit writer? like I said the led red one comes on, but does not activate when I tap on the glass, also if I mount the brain/shocksensor, which is all in one, below the steering wheel on the metal plate that covers under the steering wheel, its all metal, attached by about 8 bolts, will that be a good spot? I got remote start working, everything but the audio sensor, and door locks which I still have to hook up, any ideas?
Viper 5902 - Ordered
Kicker Dual CVX 15's - Installed
Kicker ZX 1500.1 Amp - Installed
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
I usually look high up in the dash for a big wiring harness and tuck it in somehow...Then secure it with a zip-tie...! I normally mount all shock sensors or all-in-one units this way...The metal you want to mount it to might be ok...If you like it there...Secure and test...Are we talking about a shock sensor...? If so and not an "audio sensor" then usually you can adjust sensitivity through the program menu's...Or move the all-in-one to a different location and test...! Get in the vehicle ...shut door...arm alarm...Wait 30 seconds and then physically tap/hit the brain hard...Make sure you are giving that alarm the initial arm time before its"ready"...and see if it sets of the alarm...Maybe the sensitivity is just to low or mounting spot...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
it acted like you need a bitwriter to add the audio sensor though, is that true?
Viper 5902 - Ordered
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
I am guessing no...Not all shops/techs have this bitwriter...And it would seem as if such an important part of the alarm would not need it...I guess there are some features that you can access through the bitwriter but most can be done through programming...Was this unit new...? Maybe there is a shock sensor bypass option that can be toggled on/off...But if it was new i think it should be ok...Did you try the arming the alarm and then hit the brain...? Does it refer to this sensor as the "audio sensor" in the manual...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
the audio sensor is a seperate thing I bought to hook on, the shock sensor works, I just need to mount it, the audio sensor light comes on but does not turn alarm on, maybe I need to adjust sensitivity
Viper 5902 - Ordered
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
Is this a glass breakage sensor/microphone...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
yes it is
Viper 5902 - Ordered
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
Just get a box of glasses and start breaking...1999 Dodge Grand Caravan, Viper 5902 - Page 6 -- posted image.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
ha ha, I can try it, now I want to buy a second piezo pain siren to stick in the car, do I hook that up to the main siren wire? or should I relay the main siren wire and hook both sirens up to the output of that relay?
Viper 5902 - Ordered
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
While the relay is probably the correct way...I've added them before just paralling them + to +...- to -...Never had an issue...! Then add some smoke bombs to ignite on the inside...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic