icon

1999 Dodge Grand Caravan, Viper 5902

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dereileak 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
do I locate them right at the switch where the harness connects to the switch? I do not want to blow something, my main worry is that the switch will take more then 200 ma and will ruin my viper unit, also I am putting leds in the driver and passenger foot wells, I want them to blink with the main led, but I also want control over them with the remote, I know how to control them with the remote already, but how can I get them to blink on and off with the main led that tells thiefs there is an alarm, it will take approximately 500ma to run all the leds, all 72 of them at 20ma a piece, 3.1 volts a piece, it says "    
    * each 33 ohm resistor dissipates 13.2 mW
    * the wizard thinks 1/4W resistors are fine for your application Help
    * together, all resistors dissipate 237.6 mW
    * together, the diodes dissipate 4464 mW
    * total power dissipated by the array is 4701.6 mW
    * the array draws current of 360 mA from the source.
" I am thinking this would not drain the battery at all really because of how low the voltage is, also is there a way to get car deck to send out the amp start 5 seconds after the car starts, because it seems that it starts the car with the amp on, which makes it a harder start because of all the power being pulled from the battery, like hooking up the wire that starts the amp to a relay, but I do not know what wire would activate the relay to start the amp, thanks for all the help, I think my soldering will hold, it is strong enough to pull on very hard
"
Viper 5902 - Ordered
Kicker Dual CVX 15's - Installed
Kicker ZX 1500.1 Amp - Installed
gabedemelo 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
i think with those piezos you want to take out a heater vent cover, then drill hole behind cover on heater vent piping or whatever, and put piezo over hole so sound travels through vent after you put cover back on, also i might be wrong but i believe if your vehicle does not have security, you couldve tagged negative trigger of door lock relays without the need for resistors.
GreenGables
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  

gabedemelo wrote:
i think with those piezos you want to take out a heater vent cover, then drill hole behind cover on heater vent piping or whatever, and put piezo over hole so sound travels through vent after you put cover back on, also i might be wrong but i believe if your vehicle does not have security, you couldve tagged negative trigger of door lock relays without the need for resistors.

I tried to address the no need of resistors by going to the relays...But was brushed off...! SO probably forget it...!

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
ok, I finished it, but my shock sensor picks up like nothing, I have to hit the car really hard, plus it doesn't detect the trunk, I have it set to level 15, and doesnt do much still
Viper 5902 - Ordered
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
Move the shock sensor/ brain to another location...and test...Where did you mount the brain...? Might have to add a second shock...Did you hook up the trunk trigger...? Since its mounted on the driver side...? That will be the most sensitive...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  

use velcro and attach the brain to a large piece of metal. this will help it detect more impacts, but not be to sensitive if you mounted it right on with metal screws.

if your trunk doesnt trigger, you must have forgotten the trunk pin input.

you can run 2 sirens off the siren wire from the viper, but if you want to run more, or take precautions, a relay will do the trick.

85 - ground when armed

86 - siren output from viper
87 - constant 12v fused at 5 amps
30 - to postive siren wires.

the reason i said run 85 to ground, the pieze siren (inside cabin) will only work when the system is armed. you really dont want your kids or someone inside your car, then if you press trunk or unlock, the siren will chirp inside. this is painful to the ears.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
Also you dont want the shock sensor too sensitive...Otherwise every truck,loud exhaust,loud stereo will set it off...or the warning chirps...! Are you saying you can hit the trunk without setting the shock sensor off...? You want a medium tap/hit to trigger the warn away chirps...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
correct, all the doors and trunck work for door trigger, I meant the hatch back part of the van is not detected with the shock sensor, and I am not able to set off the alarm with a shock sensor, only warn chirp as it must not detect a hard enough chirp, I think I will fix the issue with getting a 508d, proximity sensor, got it on ebay for only 30 bucks, then people dont need to even touch the car for it to warn, that will do the trick :P, also if I just hook up 2 sirens to the main wire and ground both, then both will chirp, but your saying hook up the pieze siren to the ground when armed output on the alarm, can I just do no relay, leave regular siren how it is, and put pieze siren on main siren output and ground the other end to the ground when armed output? or should I only use that ground with armed output with a relay and not directly to the siren, your right a blast in the ears when in the car would not be nice, ha ha
Viper 5902 - Ordered
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2010 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  

you can still leave the primary siren as is, for the pieze siren, connect black to chassis ground, not ground when armed as you will burn this output.

for the pieze, and a relay

85 - ground when armed

86 - 12v siren wire from viper (brown)
87 - constant 12v
30 - red wire of siren
black wire of siren to frame or chassis ground.

hope this clarifys things for ya

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
dereileak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2010 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
awesome, also should I branch off the main siren brown wire, one going to the piezo siren and one going to the main siren?
Viper 5902 - Ordered
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic