ssbowtie1 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  

Here's a diagram of the clutch wiring:

https://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/spudboy2008/cluchsaftyswitch.gif

and here's a picture for reference:

https://i45.tinypic.com/2uhnu4x.jpg

joe, regarding using the pink/white or orange wire from the h3 harness, I have the orange wire connected to my acessory  wire. an dmy pink/white wire is connected to the ignition 2 wire. Are you saying I could splice a wire from either of those wires directly to the brown clutch wire? If so is one better than than the other due to carrying less current,etc? Or should I just play it safe and run the relay although it will add alot more clutter.

joebubba 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
ssbowtie1 wrote:

joe, regarding using the pink/white or orange wire from the h3 harness, I have the orange wire connected to my acessory  wire. an dmy pink/white wire is connected to the ignition 2 wire. Are you saying I could splice a wire from either of those wires directly to the brown clutch wire? If so is one better than than the other due to carrying less current,etc? Or should I just play it safe and run the relay although it will add alot more clutter.

I'm not certain, but I don't believe it makes any difference if you use the orange or pink/white wire (and yes, just splice an extra wire). They both supply a Pos(+) current before the RS sends power to the starter. Maybe someone else with more experience might know if it makes any difference.
ssbowtie1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 4:01 AM / IP Logged  
Well if no one has objections I'll try to splice the ignition 2 wire tomorrow and report back results.
I got the alarm portion rewired today but I noticed something odd. If I arm the car with a door open, the remote tells me that the trunk is open and a door is open. However if I arm the car while the trunk is open, I don't get any messages that the trunk is open.
I have the neg door trigger hooked up to H1/8 green and the neg trunk trigger hooked up to H1/7 blue.
ssbowtie1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
One thought before attempting to splice into the pink/white or orange r/s wires. Since these wires are already spliced into the ignition 2 and acc. wires, doesn't that mean that if I use one of these wires as a clutch bypass that it will always bypass the clutch since there is no diode separating the ignition and acc. wires from the pink/white or orange wires?
Thanks guys this is one of my last wires left to connect.
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
Duh, you're right. Probably best to use the relay as described earlier.
ssbowtie1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks joe for your help.
I've been thinking, since the starter signal is what goes through the clutch switch, maybe its best not to just energize it with 12V. I think one option is to splice the green and violet H3 wires after the clutch switch and reconnect the starter wire that I originally cut.
Since I already cut and spliced these wires, I'd rather not do that again. So if there are any relay gurus, is there a way to splice a relay to the wires going to the clutch switch and using the aux - signal from the r/s , have the relay connect the two wires, essentially bypassing the switch. Then when aux signal is off, have the wires connected back to themselves so I can start the car normally using the clutch switch?
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I'm not sure what you interpret "starter signal" to be, but the clutch circuit only sends a pos(+) current (amperage unknown but assumed to be 30A) to the coil of the starter cutout relay (theft deterrent relay). This energizes the coil and closes the relay contacts to allow current to flow to the starter. (I also assume the A1 (yellow/black) wire going to the other side of the coil is a neg (-) current.)
Assuming this is all correct, here's what I would do:
Use a 30A relay. Wire 12V+ to terminal 85 and wire the violet wire (pin 3, 200mA negative starter output) of the 5-pin remote start aux output harness to terminal 86 (or vice versa, doesn't make a difference as long as there is no diode across the coil of the relay). Connect terminal 30 to the yellow clutch wire and terminal 87 to the brown clutch wire.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  

To the wire that energises when the clutch is depressed use a relay and wire like this

Pin 87and 86 - Ignition!

Pin 85- Negative starter trigger wire from unit!

Pin 30- to the wire that energises with the clutch depressed!

Simple!

Also mr joe, juding by the gauge of the wires in the pictue, i would say that clutch is completing a circuit, rather than energizing a relay, also, 30amps to energize a relay coil, highly unlikely!

Also, to standards, pin 86 on a relay is positive and pin 85- negative!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:
Also mr joe, juding by the gauge of the wires in the pictue, i would say that clutch is completing a circuit, rather than energizing a relay, also, 30amps to energize a relay coil, highly unlikely!
Yeah, that's what you would think, but did you look at the diagram? It clearly shows the clutch wire coming from what appears to be a high current feed off of the starter switch and goes (via the clutch switch) to the coil of the anti-theft relay. I'm confused as to why it has such a high current feed going to a coil.
SSB,
T&T brings up a good point about standard connections across a relay coil. Most coils don't have a diode across them, but using the standard connections will ensure you don't run into any problems.
ssbowtie1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks alot joe and t&t. I'm a bit confused now due to the conflicting opinions. Do you guys think either option will work?I do believe that there is a relay attached as I can hear it clicking on and off when I try to start the car.

Thanks guys worst case scenario I can just try both options.

Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic