icon

Viper 5901, 95 Pontiac Trans Am

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joebubba 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure what you mean by "both options". We're both saying the same thing. The only difference is the wiring of 85 and 86 is reversed (use the standard coil wiring as indicated by T&T).
ssbowtie1 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
joe, for example you are are using pin 30 to splice into the yellow clutch wire, while t&t did not reference that wire. Also you recommended using a +12V while t&t has me going to the ignition wires, but I'm guessing that doesn't matter since either way there will be 12V during cranking.
If you would care to explain how both of your explanations are the same, I'd love to hear it as I'm still learning. Either way I'll just go for t&t's wire combination which you both seem to agree on and will post up results and hopefully a short vid showing the remote start on the car if it works!
By the way I do still have the pending issue of if I leave the trunk open and arm the car I get a message saying I have the trunk open, but if I leave one of the doors open I get a message saying that the trunk and doors are open. If anyone has any ideas about that I'd appreciate it. I have the doors wired to the neg door trigger and the hatch to the neg hatch trigger.
Thanks again for all the help through my countless questions!
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Oh damn, I missed that. I believe my suggestion for pin 87 and 30 is correct and T&T has it backwards.
ssbowtie1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so just to be certain your recommendation is as follows:
85: violet wire for neg starter output
86: ignition
87: splice into brown clutch switch wire
30: splice into yellow clutch switch wire
I think I get your idea here. What you are saying is when the relay is energized with the neg starter output it will connect the brown and yellow wires, otherwise its business as usual.
As for t&t's recommendation, I'm a bit confused on that but would love an explanation if he wants to elaborate.
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, that's correct. And you can splice both 30 and 86 into the yellow wire.
This will give you current running to the coil which will be complete when the alarm sends it's neg signal via the violet wire. This will energize the coil and then the relay will close connecting terminal 30 (yellow wire) to terminal 87 (brown wire), the same action which happens when you push on the clutch.
ssbowtie1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you joe will report results tomorrow!
joebubba 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
Here's a crude diagram:
Viper 5901, 95 Pontiac Trans Am - Page 5 -- posted image.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  

joebubba wrote:
Oh damn, I missed that. I believe my suggestion for pin 87 and 30 is correct and T&T has it backwards.

Nope! That's the way i intended it! Why would you think i have i backwards?

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
ssbowtie1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
It seems like both joe's relay setup and t&t do essentially the same thing which is complete the circuit between the ignition and the brown wire upon output of the neg trigger, so I guess both wiring suggestions are essentially the same.
Thanks joe for that diagram too! I will post results and hope this thread comes in handy later because when i searched I didn't find much info about doing this bypass.
ssbowtie1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

Hmm picked up a Bosh 20/30A relay and harness from a local alarm install shop today and found something interesting:

Here's a pic of the relay and plug:

https://i50.tinypic.com/2guchup.jpg

https://i49.tinypic.com/34i4gut.jpg

The middle wire corresponds to 87a and the one at the bottom is 30. Left is 86 and right is 85. Should I depin the middle wire from 87a and plug it into the 87 plug or is this some kind of reverse relay that connects 87a and 30 when energized? Also the 20/30A is all the shop had, should I be ok with that?

Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic