icon

alarm, 2006 honda civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scooter99 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
YOU DA MAN!!!  Thanks soooo much!  I'll get to work on a wire diagram, and report back.  Thanks again!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  

no problem.

i have installed a few wihout problems. only the first gen z502 were junk.

the new ones are so much better. if you need any help, keep us posted.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged  

Ok so I've been looking over the install diagrams and I think I'm getting the gist of most of it.  I only have a couple of questions. 

Can someone please explain to me what the bypass is for exactly?  I'm looking at the Fortin Key Override-All for my car.  I was looking at the Connector 1 which is the Data Port.  So I referred to the Install Diagram on the ZN-502, and it says under the Con 6 Data Port RS-232: "This system is ONLY compatable with Fortin CAN and Imobilizer Bypass modules."  Does that mean the Fortin Key Override-All is not compatable with the Data port on the ZN-502? 

Next is that if I am using the bypass module, then do I also still need to connect the door locks to the alarm as well or does the bypass take care of all that for me?  If not is there a module out there that does all that?  When I was looking into a Viper 5902 I was quoted with a CANMAX400DEI Transponder/Door Lock.  Is that something that would take care of the door locks? 

I think that's it for now.  I'm going to continue to work on this and work on a diagram to post up and get some input before I do any wiring. 

Again thanks to all for your help! 

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  

the bypass is used to mimic a code you have in your key. inside the key, there is a small chip called a transponder. That means if you got a 5 dollar key cut, it will not start the car, as the cars computer doesn not see the correct code to initiate start.

the Fortin-key-override-all is great, but see if you can pick up the fortin HONDA-SL3, as its significantly cheaper cost wise.

Any fortin bypass will work d2d (RS232) with the zenesis. However, many installers find d2d(data2data) is not 100% reliable just yet. So we often do w2w (wire to wire)

if you wish to get a module to control door locks, alarm disarm, trunk(if avail) and all door triggers, a Fortin CAN-SL2(data bus module) will do the job, but you still need a Fortin HONDA-SL3 (bypass).

An alternative method is to purchase an idatalink ADS-DLSL CA2. this is the only module that i know of that does both CANBUS and transponder bypass, and is very easy to program.

Ted
Compustar Expert
scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

By wire 2 wire, according to the instructions, I would cut all the wires with exception of the ground (black) and the 12v (red).  Do the other 2 wires, blue and white, just get cut and put away or do they connect to the alarm somehow? 

Also while I was responding to this, I looked up the idatalink ADS-DLSL CA2.  That looks like it does EVERYTHING!  So I would imagine that would be the best and easiest way to install the system yes?  I'm going to switch my research to that instead of the fortin model.  That would be the equivilent to the Fortin CAN-SL2(data bus module) and the Fortin HONDA-SL3 (bypass) but in one module correct? 

scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
btw you menchioned earlier in a post that the first version of the ZN-502 had issues, as I've seen in reviews, but how can I tell if what I receive is a first version or second version, or is there a second version?  Can you shed a little light on this part?  Thanks!
tedmond 
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

if you do wire to wire, the 4 pin harness, use red and black. the white and blue can be scrapped or depinned.

and yes, the idatalink ADS-DLSL CA2 is the ultimate ALL IN ONE module, which is equivalent to the can-sl2 and honda-sl3 built in together.

as for the revision of the brain, only the Z-502 had problems. NOT the ZN-502 (BLACK/ blue oled screen). For the ZN-502, at first had screens that cracked VERY easily, but zenesis was aware of this and recalled the remotes. Now the newer ones have sturdy remotes and much mor eflawless programming problems.

Ted
Compustar Expert
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

If you go with the iDatalink bypass module, remember that it needs to be flashed with the correct firmware for your application. 

If you don't have the special cable, ADS USB Weblink Updater, ensure that the module is flashed by the supplier with the correct firmware.

Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  

what kregs said. the idatalink is more convienant since it does everything, but if you can purchase it locally, do it, since if something doesnt go right, at least you can fix it pronto.

the fortin modules, although you need 2 seperate modules, it ahs all necessary firmware and doesnt need to be flashed for vehicle specific applications.

Ted
Compustar Expert
scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
How would I get the special cable?  I'm checking the idatalink website but not seeing anything. 
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic