icon

alarm, 2006 honda civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scooter99 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Nevermind found it.  Whew that's a little pricey!  Is it worth the 75.00 or am I just as fine with it being flashed from the factory?  I will most likely just get the cable.  The closest dealer to me is in the los angeles area. 
scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  

The other thing is I'm not seeing where the window up down will work into this?  I still need to really sit down with the manual and read it over, but just by glancing at it I'm not seeing how that works.  I'm looking at the DEI 530T btw!

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  

the 530t will work on any vehicle, if you want the window rollup, you need to open up the driver door to get access to the window motor wires at the master switch.

IF this is the case, in my opinion i would just purchase a bypass module that does transponder only, because the disarm, arm, lock/unlock wires are in the door. Its convienantly there if you plan to do a window rollup module. If you're on a tight schedual then a canbus will save a significant amount of time, if your not in a hurry, all this car needs is a basic bypass module, as all wires can be picked up inside at the DKP or fuse box.

75 for the usb loaded is pricey, but if you want the idata its the only way. unless it came preflashed with the correct firmware.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  

You can find the iDatalink USB cable on EBay for about $43.50 delivered.  The iDatalink WEB site with the firmware and the downloads is free.

iDatalink has been updating their firmware to work on the new car models so the module you buy may have an older version of the firmware loaded on it.   Having the cable and flashing with the latest firmware is very handy and the install guide will match the modules firmware.

Soldering is fun!
scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks. 

I have a new question regarding the 530T.  I know it does up and down but does it vent also?  How do you do this?  Is it a program.  Not seeing anything on it.  Anyone know?

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
Yes of course we know. Now ask the question how?
scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I'll bite!  How?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
I couldn't resist that one, when we were 14 we used to go to our home classroom and ask the teacher "Can I get a book sir/madame?" And the answer of course was "Can you?" I'll teach you lot the Queen's English.
The actual answer is your Orange (on DEI) GWA wire to orange and ORANGE / black on the 530t to close and any aux from the your R/S to grey and grey/black on the 530 to vent.
On a serious note my advice would be to go into BOTH (or all depending on 2 or 4 doors) and wire between the switch and the motors, that will give you one touch on all windows. Except and here's where I clash with Ted because he's the Honda man, it's a bloody nightmare to run cables into the front doors on ALL Hondas.
scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  

I agree.  But I've gotten pretty good at doing it.  I've ran 2 sets of 14ga wire and a set of 12ga wire through there for stuff in the door.  So another set of 14ga wouldn't be an issue.  But I agree, they're not the easiest to do. 

Sorry to be so ignorant, btw, but what is GWA?

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
GWA = Ground When Armed
Soldering is fun!
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic