Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
I knew that.  I'm an idiot!  Thanks!
scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so as an update to this, I orderd my gear.  I have a Zenesis ZN 502 comming along with (2) 530T's for the windows, a 529T for the sunroof, the Idatalinnk, and the webusblink cable.  I already got the 530's in, and the rest should be here this week.  Is there anything anyone can tell me about installing the 2 - 530's and the 529?  Do I need relays for them etc.  I'm going to work on a diagram this week and post it to make sure I'm on the right track, but I thought I'd ask about it anyway. I was going to get the backup battery but chose not to at the moment.  Maybe I'll do that down the line.  I'll update more as I get it done. 
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  

no need for additional relays since the modules do everything.

however adding a relay for the ground when armed wont hurt and is a good preventative meansure. Since you have the 530t, 592, and  antigrind (optional), you might want to concider using a relay to power up all these sources. Since the output is only 250ma, it might burn the output on the zenesis.

85 - gwa from unit

86 - constant 12v
87 - high current ground (chassis)
30 - to all GWA inputs from additional modules.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Ok well you had with evertything else except the "antigrind". What is that?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Anit-grind prevents you from re- engaging the starter with the key during key take over while the car is running under a remote start.
Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

its wired up exactly like a starter kill, but insted of using the ground when armed, use ground when running(status)

often for units that do  not have built in starter kills, i diode isolate both the gwr and gwa to the relay, now the relay has 2 purposes.

Ted
Compustar Expert
scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  

Ok I'm a little stumped on this.  I'm looking at the instructions for the Idatalink.  It says LOCK/ARM [-] INPUT - GREEN/ BLACK.  Then the wire under it says UNLOCK/DISARM [-] INPUT - BLUE/BLACK.  Then I look at the Zenesis Brain and I see the input connector (CON 3) and I see a (+) Door Trigger Input and  (-) Door Trigger Input.  So I'm guessing the GREEN/ Black (lock/arm) goes to the (-) Door Trigger Input?  But where does the other one go to?  I'm not seeing an unlock one. 

Wait on Con 8 (Auxiliary outputs) I see a black (-) armed output and a gray (-) disarm output.  Is this what I should be using?  So That black to the GREEN/ black and the gray to the blue/black? 

Someone help please.

Tedmond - Can you explain a little more on this?  Is this something I need to do?  The Zenesis has a Ground When Running Output, and that's what I'm running the idatalink wire to.  Does that solve the issue?  Or is there something else I need to do?

tedmond 
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
take the lock output of the zenesis, and connect it to LOCK/ARM input of idatalink. Do the same for the unlock.
The door triggers, the zenesis has (-) door inputs, connect taht to the idatalink (-) door trigger output.
connect the ground when running to the bypass module with a diode inline(band facing the alarm)Branch off the wire and connect it to a relay for your antigrind. Also connect the ground when armed to the relay so you have a starter kill
85 - gwr and gwa both diode isolated
86 - ignition
cut starter wire in half
87a - starter wire key side
30 - starter wire motor side
Ted
Compustar Expert
scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

Ok so my latest delimma.  Thanks to everyone for their help by the way! 

The 530T has a gray wire - H2/5 GRAY (-) Output during activation

I cannot find this on the alarm. 

What does this gray wire do?  What is it for?  It has a note next to it that says "Connect this wire to optional relay (P/N 610T) to bypass sensors which may trigger the security system during operation.  This wire continues to output (-) ground for 5 seconds after the window motors have stopped."

I guess I just don't understand what all that means.  Can someone explain it in lame mans terms for me? 

scooter99 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2010 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry should I do the relay for this also, if I can figure it out?
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic