viper 160xvl no remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stittville ed 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

gabedemelo wrote:
the thin black wire for sure needs to be to ground either through switch or straight to ground
do straight for now. check ribbon cable to relays and 30a fuses,... that unit has the relay pack right? are you pressing lock and unlock the same time to start? or the star button? 1 activation pulse,.. or more? sorry i know some of this seems obvious but,....

The thin black wire was for shut down not te main system ground, if that is what you are asking.

Yes the unit has a relay pack. I did check all the fuses and voltage's with a DMM

I did not press the lock and unlock at the same time to try and start, I pressed the star button.

I did try 1 activation pulse and 2 pulses.

Thanks

Stittville Ed
stittville ed 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

gabedemelo wrote:
and lastly the most obvious is module flashed to new software? i hate those gm ignitions/modules, either they are gravy or they are nightmare. ive switched to datalink but still have some problems just less. especially d2d never works 100% lemme look up get back

It is not hooked up d2d, no provision on the Viper 160

Stittville Ed
gabedemelo 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
thin black wire is toggle switch shut down,.. it has to see ground to start,.... the "on off" switch throws ground when in on position. trust me i know dei. hehe just not models etc. if that is not seeing ground that is either one of or -the- problem.
GreenGables
gabedemelo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
sorry the thin BLACK/ WHITE wire
GreenGables
stittville ed 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

gabedemelo wrote:
thin black wire is toggle switch shut down,.. it has to see ground to start,.... the "on off" switch throws ground when in on position. trust me i know dei. hehe just not models etc. if that is not seeing ground that is either one of or -the- problem.

YOU ARE "THE MAN"

Connected the BLACK/ white to the on/off switch and the Viper tried to start the car.

Tried 3 times but would not start...............So I put the key in and pressed the star button and................wait for it..........the car started !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now I know that the Viper unit is good.

The first thing I will do is relearn the Fortin bypass to see if that helps.

I'm using the same WHITE/ blue to pin 86 on the relay connected to the transponder connector, if this is correct.

I don't know how to measure any of the voltages at the relay to see if they are OK

Thank You very much for your time in helping me figure this out

I owe you a few beers :-)))

Stittville Ed
stittville ed 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

I reprogrammed the Fortin CAN-SL2 but still no crank all 3 times hte Viper tries to start the car

On newer cars am I correct that we do not connect a wire the the starter wire from the remote ?????

Stittville Ed
gabedemelo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2010 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
dont think you hardly use any ignition wires,... thats what i mean about those ignitions they suck sometimes. make sure the resistance in and out wires are correct,.... dont use t taps especially on the bypass wires. same with voltage in and out wires. to save yourself time and energy use universal bypass with ring for key part..... if youll notice when the car will not start the passlock light is flashing in dash. i know it suck but sometimes the modules just wont get the pk3 right and you can spend all day reprogramming checking wires etc or just suck it up and lose key...... i dont get the last part, are you already using 2 bypass'?
GreenGables
stittville ed 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2010 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

Got everything working this morning.

I was using the wrong wire to the bypass, I needed a ground out while running.

Called Fortin and they told me a CAN-SL2 can be programmed as many times as you want, but their web site said after 2 attempts you would have to send it back to be "Unlocked"

They also told me I was using the wrong wire for ground out while running.

Changed one wire and started right up with no problem.

All my connections were soldered.

All I have to do now is pull the console to connect the brake shut down wire.

Thanks for all your help in getting this working.

Stittville Ed
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic