icon

need battery, kinetik or odyssey?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiolife 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2010 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  

My kinetik has lasted 5.5 years and is still going strong and I have had both odyssey (in the form of stinger) and optima. I would never go back to optima as I had one fail during Sound Quality judging at IASCA World Finals. My Odyssey was fairly good and rated to do more watts than my kinetik was but it would run low MUCH faster. Also kinetik is nowhere near going out of business, at Spring Break Nationals March 13-14th 2010 the 2 loudest vehicles by a WIDE margin used Kinetik. Infact Craig Butler put up the loudest score ever recorded at IASCA finals that weekend of 182.6 db. I have also used SVR and many other batteries as well.

http://www.termpro.com/asp/officialevent.asp?Eventid=11328&Method=11

Ack!
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2010 at 3:06 AM / IP Logged  
Alas I've had no meaningful response from Optima and I don;t think I will.
I was hoping to get the test results from OptimaJim's recent claim...
I'm still hoping to get some data for parallel connections since OptimaJim said that was no problems with Optima. I'm curious why an experienced company would say that, but OJim reckons Optima batteries have been performing well. If they never fail, then paralleling isn't an issue.
FYI - I have just installed my 10 year old Yuasa UXH-38 to replace my 8 year old wet. It's nice not having to hook in my aux battery after running out of fuel, or to crank the engine to get oil pressure after an oil change....
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
Trivial update to close my last....
No data was supplied by Optima(Jim) including parallel batteries.
I have no reason to think that Optimas are any less unreliable than other batteries in parallel.
Of interest in this quest was doubt that paralleling 2 matched batteries (at least) doubled their unreliability (where the unreliability (figures) relate to the single battery's self-failure). But it's simple reliability theory....
And despite my initial doubts, it seems Kinetik are good. (And I have nothing to support that they are not better than Optima.... rats!)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic