icon

need battery, kinetik or odyssey?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
delige 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2010 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
Need a new battery for my car,  not sure Kinetik is said to be good, Odyssey is apparently better? i duno need help asap please.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2010 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
I was thinking of an other brand and was to suggest "standby....".
But IMO Odyssey are excellent - but this is based on my appraisal of their literature, and reading/hearing of others' experiences. And I'm not saying that there are not cheaper equivalents nor the same by re-labelled batteries.   
Whilst I was wary of Kinetic based on their site information (ie - lack there of), I cannot recall any bad appraisal, and there has certainly been a recent good one (see 12volt's What battery).
In terms of other brands (that you haven't mentioned), a common recurring comment was to get the Odyssey - it was well worth the extra money. But that did not involved Kinetik.
And regards another brand, I am awaiting data from one of their alleged Managers that mentioned certain conclusive testing. (I will be chasing this up during this next week - I stopped holding my breath several days ago.)
So no specific answer or recommendation for you, but hopefully a warmer feeling. And no specific price-versus-quality answer...
litlred 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2010 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Check the Sears Platinum
Its an Odessey in disguise
1998 Avalon, 1996 Blazer, 1986 4Runner
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2010 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
I've been using Odyssey batteries in my boat, truck and cars over the last few years and have been very happy. No failures to speak of. Can't say that about the Optimas.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2010 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
Never had any issues with Optima, myself. Until I do, I'll continue to recommend them.
Optima.
Not to mention... Isn't Kinetik out of business?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2010 at 4:35 AM / IP Logged  
Oh no! Deja vu!
kinetik marine, automotive
Mind you, that has a number of replies that you (Haemo) can automatically dismiss as I did.
If not for my C:\ crash, I'd be contacting OptimaJim withing 24 hours to see if he able to supply the data he referred to.
Because of the crash, I may delay.
The impression I get is that whilst Optima were very good, that may have changed. But it could be due to less than normal users.
vada_808 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2010 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
z03mz03m 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2010 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Optima! I've sat in my car with the engine off listening to music on my new sys for ~30-60min repeatedly over the past few weeks and it still starts my car like its brand new every time.
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2010 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
Wet lead acid! My battery does the same (as z03mz03m's; for 1/3rd the price).
oldspark 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2010 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for BUMPing, but since haemphyst "has exceeded his inbox allowance"....   (Bluddy readers - stop PM'ing him! It's my turn.)
Dear haemphyst,
haemphyst wrote:
Never had any issues with Optima, myself. Until I do, I'll continue to recommend them...
Have you experienced other batteries as a comparison?
And if so - quality AGMs like Gates, Yuasa, or Odyssey? (Or crap batteries?)
I'll elaborate why later... or I can resend the PM before then....
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic