icon

used car with alarm, 04 tundra, code alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2010 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
Locks only, windows would have separate closing units if present.
Actually you shouldn't need relays to control Toyota locks unless I'm missing things, it's a US vehicle and I've never seen one.
j.w. 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2010 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
okay, so i've read through the manual and am almost ready to tackle this. however, i'm a little unclear as to which diagram to follow. The first image below is a great diagram provided by mikvot earlier in this thread (thanks again man). This appears to match up with the wiring on the relays in my current setup (see pics in first post), but this diagram only has one relay. I'm not sure how the second relay is supposed to work into this. Looking through the manual, it gives 5 different scenarios for wiring, most of them with two relays. I've included pictures below of each of those 5 scenarios. Which one of those should I follow?
Sorry for all the questions. I really do appreciate the guidance.
used car with alarm, 04 tundra, code alarm - Page 2 -- posted image.
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2010 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure why that first image didn't work. Here it is in PDF... Here 
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2010 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
i'm thinking i need to follow diagrams 10 and 11 on page 22??
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2010 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
I'm probably going to get shot down over this but I did an RX recently, went straight to the actuator wiring at rear of driver's door found the trigger wires, NO RELAYS REQUIRED and I extended the lock timing pulse to give me window and roof close. EASY!
If I'm wrong, use the first diagramme shown.
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2010 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
lol. thanks for the tip :) I THINK i'm all set. I went out there today and cleaned up those wires a bit, and every thing seems to be working ok now. I think there was just a loose wire that was causing some issues. We'll see, but it appears ok now.
i think all i need to do is buy this remote, program it, and i'll be all set. Does the FCC ID on the back of my 2-way antenna need to match that on the remote? My antenna's ID is ELVNTRCB. All of the replacement remotes that I can find online are ELVNTRCA. I'm assuming this is ok that they don't match, but I want to be sure before I order it (no returns). I confirmed that the model of the remote will work with my system, just not sure about the FCC ID's.
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  

j.w.-

The FCC IDs for the 2 way antenna and remote will be different.  These ID's are refering to FCC filings for radiated emissions of transmitting components.  The first 3 characters identify the grantee, the subsequent characters specify the file. 

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

The ID's you posted are both for remotes...You may want to recheck the ID's and confirm they are both at the same frequency.    Most likely, they are compatible. 

Lectric Guy
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2010 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

Update-

The report the FCC lists for the ELVNTRCB is for the antenna, as evidenced by the set up pictures.  The external and internal photos are of the ELVNTRCA remote.  FCC documentation mistake...go figure...

Lectric Guy
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
right on. thanks lectricguy. yeah, i contacted a company that sells the replacement remotes, and they said that it will work with what i have. I should have it by the weekend. Now i just need to figure out how to program it :) I'm sure there is documentation somewhere out there, probably on this site (12volt.com rocks). I'll give it a go, and update ya'll on what happens! of course, any pointers are always welcome and appreciated.
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2010 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  

j.w.-

Once you receive your replacement remote, refer to the top of page 8 of the installation manual (Transmitter programming).  The procedure is straightforward.  Let us know if you need help.

Lectric Guy
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic