icon

used car with alarm, 04 tundra, code alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j.w. 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2010 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
ok. making SOME progress. I received the remote today and attempted the programming. I'm able to get the remote to talk to the unit, and can achieve arming and disarming the alarm. However, i am unsuccessful with getting the keyless entry or remote start functions working. To be honest, i don't even know which button on the remote is supposed to initiate the remote start. I can't find any documentation on the remote (CA5BLETX). During programming, i'm able to cycle through the banks and change the settings as described below. I was even able to program the tach rate sucessfully.
what would be my next step troubleshooting this system? Like i said, i bought this vehicle used, so i don't even know for sure that the system was functioning properly before. Any way to do some basic troubleshooting to see if i'm spinning my wheels here?
here's another thread i found on this system. it's pretty negative, but i'm determined to get this working. Everyone on this forum has been extremely helpful so far and i'm optimistic. thanks!
used car with alarm, 04 tundra, code alarm - Page 3 -- posted image.
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2010 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
oh yeah, one more question. there's an on/off toggle switch next to the override button. any idea what that is? what it should be set to?
thanks again
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2010 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
ok, got remote start to work. i think i did it by holding down the OPT button for a few seconds, letting it go, and then pressing it again.
still no luck with the door locks though.
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2010 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
still no luck with the keyless entry. I can't get any action from the locks. I THINK that when i was messing with it that it unlocked the doors once, but i may have been dreaming. If so, it only happened one time, but if it did, that means that it's at least able to work if i could just configure it properly. Man, these things are complicated.
I'm SO close...
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2010 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
sorry for all the posts, but does anyone know where if can find documentation on my remote (CA5BLETX)? i'm figuring all this out by just pressing buttons. It's making some random series of beeps, flashes, etc. Half of which i have no idea of what they mean. Sure would be easier if i knew what they meant!
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2010 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

JW-

For information on the remote, you may want to look at the CA 670 User's Manual: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=507  This should give you some idea of how the remote operates.

As far as the toggle switch, that disables remote start on Code Alarm units.  When open (or off), the remote start function is disabled.  When closed (or on), the remote start function is enabled.

I agree with Mikvot from earlier in this post--you may want to rewire the locks from scratch. 

Lectric Guy
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2010 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for that link! That's looks like how mine's wired from what I can tell. Not too much more info on the remote operation though. Would be nice to know what all those different series of beeps mean. I was sitting on the couch after I was home for about an hour, and it randomly played a melody!? Lol. I figured out how to activate the remote start by pressing diff button combinations. Still not sure exactly how to do it. My remote only has a Lock, Unlock, OPT, and F button.   
I agree with rewiring the doors. Still unclear as to which diagram to follow. I sketched out exactly how mine is currently wired. I'll do my best to draw an amateur diagram in Photoshop. Maybe it's an obvious thing that you'll spot right away.
Thx
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2010 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
I opened up the door panel and traced the wires. I sketched it out and did my best to put together a diagram in Photoshop (below). Please excuse how amateur it is. For quick reference, I've also attached the vehicle specific Audiovox diagram that mikvot provided earlier in this thread.
The Audiovox diagram looks spot on as far as the colors of my wires and how they're tied in to one of the relays. I just can't figure out how that second relay comes in to play. The diagrams in the CA 670 manual don't really look anything like what i have hooked up, but i may be reading them wrong.
Anyways, just thought ya'll might be able to spot something right away that looks out of place. There is one spot (87) on that relay on the right side of my diagram that i'm really questioning. When i opened the door up, one of the two wired connected to it was loose. It looked to me like it was supposed to go there (complete guess), so i hooked it up.
Thanks again for all the help.
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
lectricguy, i apologize. that manual has tons of great info on my remote and it's functions! Thanks!
j.w. 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, system and remote are programmed/configured, and thanks for that User's Manual link, I now know what all the sounds mean :)
However, still no lock action. I think I need to rewire them from scratch. Should I just remove the second relay and wire exactly like the vehicle-specific audiovox diagram with one relay? Just afraid that second relay is there for a reason :/
I guess it's also a possibility that the relays have gone bad. Where could I get a replacement relay? Are these standard electrical parts or do I need to order them from Audiovox?
Thanks for the help!
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic