the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

compustar 2w900fmas vs fortin key overrid

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2010 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
i think i will. I like the features on the cm6x00. so much more flexible
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
jobber29 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2010 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, thank you for the answer! I have an other question, Is it necessary to use the 2nd ignition, 2nd starter or 2nd accessorie relay on a 2010 mazda 3? or I can simply cut the relay wire?

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2010 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

you shouldnt need any of them.

from what i remeber it has 2 acc wires, but one controls the radio only. if in doubt, power up all acc and ign wires.

Ted
Compustar Expert
jobber29 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2010 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the car have 2 acc wires. one of them is pink and the other is white. The pink wire is smaller than the white. If i'm logical, the pink should power the radio... I will not use the 2nd acc relay only to power up the radio.
jobber29 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2010 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  

I forgot to ask what to do for the clutch bypass... I think that I have to use the (-) status wire from the brain. Does i'm right? If i'm right, I have a problem because this wire is already used to communicate with the key bypass module...

tedmond 
Posted: June 21, 2010 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  

i dont like to use the status wire to bypass the clutch. you still can use this, just diode isolate them if you are powering up more than 1 item.

i often take the 2nd negative start wire and use that to bypass the clutch.

Ted
Compustar Expert
jobber29 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2010 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  

Do you mean this wire?

Pin #5: RED / Black- This wire is a (-) 2nd Starter 200mA output. Normally the only vehicle this would be used on Nissan’s and older Ford’s. You may connect this wire to the purple pigtail of the additional

relay on CN #1. This will result in a (+) trigger output for the 2nd starter on the blue wire of the same relay.

Do you know what is the color of the clutch swich wire? And is it really a negative wire?

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2010 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
Re the 2 ACC wires.  Sometimes logic doesn't work with cars.  If you only connect the Compustar to one ACC wire, check to make sure the Heat & A/C work under remote start before putting away your soldering gun.  The thin Pink ACC wire just might be used to trigger a high current relay...
Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Posted: June 21, 2010 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  

power up both acc wires, i just checked and you do need both (called up my friend that did his mazda 3) compustar 2w900fmas vs fortin key overrid - Page 2 -- posted image.

Ted
Compustar Expert
jobber29 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2010 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I will plug the 2nd accessorie relay. Thank you very much!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic