icon

viper 350hv, 516t, 508d

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2010 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
I hate to say this but the most efficient systems are those with a single sensor such as a 508d, follow the KISS principle, first sensors can actually interfere with each other, e.g. glass breaks can pick up the warn away and trigger, I had the Intellivoice on my Clifford, I simply had kids coming up to my car to hear the warnings!
I've also never rated the 516 or its relatives, never seems to work out quite right.
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2010 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  

So let's say we eliminate the 516 voice module..and we have our new 508d. Keep in mind the 350hv has an onboard shock sensor so you will be plugging the 508d into the mux port.  Here is what I would do and hook up with the 350hv...and back up battery along with 508d

H1 Harness of 350hv:

Red to Gray of 520t backup batt / Red from 520t to White at Ignition harness or +pos batt term

Brown to Red of siren

Yellow to Yellow of starter kill relay 

Black to single point ground / connect siren black and 520t black here also

Blue H1/7 to hood pin or negative truck light trigger (green wire with orange strip) at trunk light plug

Green to negative door trigger wire White at fusebox (white plug) or kick panel

White to Green wire with white stripe at fusebox (white plug) or kick panel

Orange to Orange of starter kill relay

Starter kill relay:

Yellow to BLACK/ white of ignition harness

Black goes to motor side of start wire BLACK / YELLOW

Green goes to key side Black Yellow

Orange to Orange of 350hv harness H1/12

I am assuming you will be hooking up the door lock/unlock feature

Lock wire to violet

Unlock to lt green  (both in drivers kick panel)

I am out of space so I will post another trend on hooking up the 508d and tying it in with the blue negative trigger wire of the 520t.  Let me know when you are ready for further detail...

jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2010 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  

To make it simple with the 508d and utilize the Blue Neg trigg wire from the 520t...eliminating use of diodes do as follow which is what I have done.

My 508d is mounted in the center console.I drilled a hole to allow passage of the 508d harness in black looming. I will try to attach a pic.   So anyway route the harness up the center of the car under the cup holder and gear shifter...just an example of how mine is and it adventually plugs into my 690xv. So maybe somewhere halfway or a quarter the way from the mux port... very very carefully pull apart the green and blue wires from harness so you have some room to work with. Snip the blue wire...jump the blue wire coming from the 508d onto the green wire that goes to the mux port/brain of alarm.. and then take the blue wire from the alarm side that is left and connect it to the blue of the 520t. This will eliminate the diodes and these sensors will be on separate circuits even though plugged into the port. You can snip the green wire and use a butt connector or solder the green and blue from the 508d side to the green of the alarm side.. Make sense?

chardc 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2010 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys, I would just like to let you all know that I acknowledge all the responses and I have been very busy with my studies. I will be buying a new 508D and install it and follow the advice given. Until then, stay cool...

thanks a million for the contributions....

ChardC
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic