icon

viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2010 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  

To prevent the customer from grinding the starter with the key (dummy bump), when wired as a starter kill.

Program it OFF with your bitwriter.  Simple

fredddy9 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2010 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
alright thanks for your reply. I also just found it in a manual that i can set this option to ON OFF.
My understanding was that antigrinding was achieved by splitting the starter wire to H3/4 (VIOLET)   and H3/5 (GREEN), and completely not related to H1/12 ground when armed.
So now i can turn Antrigrinding OFF,   and   be carefull with the keys
or leave it ON, and then with the engine running   also my field disturbance sensors will be ON too.   And i was planning to hook one of them to the horn. Gee they implemented so many different status outputs yet H1/12 Ground when armed   doesnt work as it suppose to. viper 5901 - Page 2 -- posted image.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2010 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

Really! I didn't know you could program that GWA off! I was under the impression that anti-grind reffered to the splitting of the starter wire with the heavy gauge wires on the xcrs!

I don't think that is correct, that GWA wire isn't functioning properly! To the OP how did you wire the fuel cut describe the connections at the relay, if i see the flaw i'm looking for i'll let you know!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2010 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
If GWA is programmed on... it will go active after remote started.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 3:56 AM / IP Logged  
Simple, use your status GWRunning output to a second relay to "loop" round your fuel cut relay. In fact even simpler,get rid of the fuel cut relay, it's dangerous!
The Orange GWA should only go to ground when the alarm is activated, have you dioded your fuel cut relay?
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
Was thinking along the same lines howard!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
Great minds Darren viper 5901 - Page 2 -- posted image.
The ACPO (association of chief police officers) over here are against anything but starter cuts on safety grounds, it may cut out whilst driving etc, in fact in the late 90s we were getting lots of problems with the FACTORY Transponders on Porsches and VWs.
The fuel cut relay comment is that it should be dioded, other wise back feed will cause just that problem.
fredddy9 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your replays.
Yes, fuel cut-off relay is dioded between 86 and 85 pins.
positive 86 is connected to 87a (+12V feed from the ignition)
30 goes to the fuel pump
and negative 85 is connected to viper GWA.   I thought GWA is grounded all the time in ARMED mode not only during 30 seconds alarm trigger.
I like that idea to use another relay to cut off GWA with STATUS output, i'll keep antigrinding feature and still have fuelcutoff protection during alarm trigger.   But still, for example if i see somebody getting into running car and driving off , even if i ARM it,   GWA wont stop the theft because STATUS will prevent energizing my relay.   I would have to use one of the AUX output.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2010 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
The relay would energize as soon as the would be thief hit the brake pedal, because the status out would cease when that happens!
fredddy9 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2010 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
a little update to my research.
GWA is grounded when armed all the time, and stays grounded after remote start.
the engine is running on a remote start, i hit Unarm button, but GWA is still grounded.
once i turn the key on, and deactivate remote start GWA breaks ground.
So i guess i cant use this GWA wire to powerup my microwave sensors because remote starting the car will trigger the alarm.
And regarding my fuel cut-off relay, i connected it to AUX4 in Latched mode. Works for me!   i can shut the car off anytime i want.   I just don't know if setting AUX4-ON draws any additionl current, have to check this out.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic