icon

viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fredddy9 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2010 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
I finally have everything setup (ten relays total) but the microwave sensors.
I want to hook up two DUAL microwave sensors.   
Exterior zone generates 300ms signals
Interior zone generates 800ms signals.
I've already tested it with H2/8 green (-)door input, and prealarm works. Horn honk also works.
I need some advice how to connect it in a proper way the first time, as i have a whole dash apart.
Here is my setup:
viper 5901 - Page 3 -- posted image. viper 5901 - Page 3 -- posted image.
1. do i need to separate GWA wires too with diodes?
2. what is your advice on wiring
3. MUX port (?)
I'm really interested in that additional MUX port on viper brain module. Can somebody tell me which pins are alarm inputs and how do they work? i mean is it instant trigger or prealarm?
fredddy9 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2010 at 4:55 AM / IP Logged  
And also i just wanted to update on this 'antenna cable extending' issue. Its working, i mean i cut the cable and used 6 wires to extend it to the lenght i wanted +1m, don't know about the transmission quality thus the remote range, but i hope it wouldn't decrease.
Looking forward on some advices, what are the best alarm trigger inputs to hook up my microwave sensors.    MUX port would report 'zone 4' but i just don't know its pinout...   Thanks for any feedback. I finally putting the car back together this afternoon.
fredddy9 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2010 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
As i've already stated in different topic, MUX port is a four pin connector between 'neutral safety switch' and 'door lock' connector.
Pinout from the left:
1 - input warn away
2 - input warn away
3 - ground
4 - +12V
I couldn't find any difference between 1 and 2 inputs, it just gives warn away chirps and lamps flashing, thats what i was looking for.
Except i dont understand why my remote reports 'Sensor 2' and hammer icon, like if it was a built in shock sensor triggering. I'll post an updated diagram later.
fredddy9 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2010 at 4:02 AM / IP Logged  
OK, so i founded out that Sensor 2 = Zone 4, so everything is correct. Zone 4 is for a external MUX port. Too bad its not possible to change that 'hammer' icon without a bit writer.
Anyway here is my final diagram, although i still haven't connected that behind the grill microwave sensor, it simply doesn't sense anything, i guess because of metallic coat, although the grill is plastic. I'll try to place a sensor lower under the bumper.
viper 5901 - Page 3 -- posted image.
And last two questions:
-do i also need to place a diode on that sensor output wire which feeds Horn-honk relay (?)
-do i need to separate GWA wires when connecting two sensors ? (i think not, but i just want to be sure). Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2010 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  
Your diagramme:- delete the diodes except the horn relay, that should have one because of relay onrush (shutdown spike).
Diode esperate the GWA wires otherwise feedback.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2010 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, the wire from the lower m/wave* going to the green door trigger does require a diode, also on the green from between the door switch and that junction.
* It's not PC to call them microwaves, now called field disturbance sensors. viper 5901 - Page 3 -- posted image.
fredddy9 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2010 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry for my delayed response.
I really don't understand why do i need to separate GWA wires feeding two microwave sensors connected to the same viper input.
Would only one diode be enough? like on my updated diagram:
viper 5901 - Page 3 -- posted image.
Also i wonder whether my assumption on MUX identical inputs are correct. And also does viper 5901 have any multiplex input or not?
those older models have such inputs according to their installation manuals, but 5901 doesn't say anything.
fredddy9 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2010 at 3:43 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, i understand that i need to hold AUX button for like 1.5-2 seconds to pop the trunk.
But i don't understand why H1/1 aux/trunk stays hot for ~2 seconds afterwords.   Then i can hear the trunk lock solenoid to back off.
Is it normal that it lasts 2 seconds?    and i don't think it can be adjusted anywhere.
When i open up a trunk without a remote, i mean just by pressing the button on a dash i don't need to hold it.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2010 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
you can go into settings and change the duration of the pulse.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
joebubba 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2010 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
you can go into settings and change the duration of the pulse.
Not without a Bitwriter....
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic