icon

switch with alarm accessory output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
coolen 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2010 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
Interesting thread, and seems very close to what I'm attempting to accomplish. I would like to be able to turn on/off my LED take down lights via remote off one of the - outputs on my remote start. It is currently wired through the "brain" of the lightbar. The lightbar is the ETL 5000 with break out box, and can be found here: http://soundoffsignal.com/warnamber/lightbars/lb_ETL5000.htm
When I installed it, I installed a switch in my console that is wired to the Take down light circuit and I can use those lights seperatly whenever needed. For example, if I don't want my reds flashing, I turn off the other functions of the bar via slide switch, and can use those lights by themselves (take downs). Very similar to the diagram above, just without the diodes on the relays themselves.
The way I was originally thinking was I'd need one relay to convert the - to +, then have another relay to power the lights. Then I THOUGHT I could just put a diode inline just after the relays. However according to some of the info I've been reading, it may not be that simple.
Any thoughts?
Thank you
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic