2001 infiniti qx4 remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mysticalp 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2010 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  

Hello, 

Its been a while since my last post.  Unfortunately, I have had family emergencies preventing me from installing my remote system  I am back on it now. 

I have a question in regards to the Xpresskit Pkall unit I am installing. 

http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=-1&year=2001&make=Infiniti&model=QX4&ps=1&s=0

(click on pkall install guide)

There are 4 wires in one of the harnesses. 

Light Green --------------------Relay 1a ----------------------To Vehicle Ignition

ORANGE / Brown ----------------Relay 1b ----------------------To Vehicle Ignition

ORANGE / Green ----------------Relay 2a ----------------------To Vehicle Security LED

Brown --------------------------Relay 2b -----------------------To Vehicle Security LED

I am confused as to if I am to put a relay in between these lines?? or is this taken care of within the unit?  According to the diagram I am to cut the ignition wire to connect the pkall unit.  From the main harness on the pkall unit, would I connect the pink (ignition) wire to the Light Green wire or the ORANGE / Brown?  Also, which wire would the H3/1 Pink ignition wire from the Viper Alarm be connected to?

Thanks again, for any input.

Pete.

Pete
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2010 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  

The "Relay" is in the PKALL module.  No extra parts required.

The PKALL Pink ignition wire should go the the same place as the Vipers H3/1 Ignition wire.  Should be a BLACK/ White wire at the QX4 ignition switch harness. 

The PKALLs' ORANGE / Brown and Light Green wire connected to the cut WHITE/ Black wire at the immobilizer connector.  The ORANGE / Green and Brown wires go to the cut Brown wire at the immobilizer connector.  The PKALLs'  PURPLE / White Data wire goes to the PURPLE / Red wire at the immobilizer connector.

Soldering is fun!
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2010 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

Kreg357,

Thank-you once again for your help!  In regards to the Ignition wire coming from the Viper Unit, does it matter which side it gets connected to? 

i mean, since the Ignition wire needs to be cut - One side to the Pkall Light Green and the other side to the Pkall Orange Brown.  Which side would the Viper Ignition wire (pink H3/1) be connected too?

Pete
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2010 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  

I haven't done the 2001 QX4 but going by the wiring lists available and the bypass guides, it looks like two different "ignition" wires. 

The Vipers heavy gauge H3/1 should go to a BLACK/ White wire in the ignition switch harness, probably heavy gauge also.  The PKALLs' Pink ignition wire can be connected to the Vipers H3/1 wire anywhere convenient.  This will be the QX4s' official primary Ignition wire.

Then there are the  PKALL wires going to the immobilizer connector.  Your QX4 will probably be the 8 Pin type shown in the PKALL Install Guide.  The ignition wire there is WHITE/ Black and probably a thin gauge wire.

Of course it is best to open up the steering column and locate and verify all wires with a Digital Multi Meter.

Soldering is fun!
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2010 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

Hello Kreg357,

(Long process as I cannot spend large amounts of time due to my time constraints!)  My question today is in regards to the accessory wires first. 

With Accessory Wire 2 from the QX4 (RED / yellow) it would require a relay.  Would this hook up be right?:

30 - 2nd Accessory (RED / Yellow) from QX4

87 - +12 volts (fused)

86 - +12 volts (fused)

85 - H2/12 Orange (-) 200mA Accessory Output

87a - N/A

Also, would the 530T Window System also need relays?  According to the manual it states to use the Orange H2/4 of the 530T to the (-) Ground when armed of the alarm and the RED / White H2/3 of the 530T to the (-) Aux Output Of Alarm........

Thanks once again for your input and consideration!

Pete
kreg357 
Posted: November 06, 2010 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  

The wiring for the ACC2 relay is correct.

No relays needed for those two signals from the alarm to the 530T, just wire directly.

Soldering is fun!
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

Hello Again!

Question on the 1st Starter wire on the QX4 (BLACK / YELLOW) on the ignition harness.  Would this wire be connected to the  Remote Start (H3) 10 Pin Connector - H3/4 (violet) (+) Starter Output on the Viper? or the H2 Harness 18-pin connector -  H2/13 (purple) (-) 200mA Starter Output on the Viper?  What is the difference between the two?

Thanks in advance for your input......

Pete
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2010 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

Sorry, I forgot to ask if this (Starter 1) would require a relay.....

Thanks for your input.....

Pete
kreg357 
Posted: November 09, 2010 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
The cars' Starter1 goes to the H3/4 violet wire ( no relay needed ).   The H2/13 (purple) (-) 200mA Starter Output would typically be used to control a relay if the car needed another (+) Starter output.
Soldering is fun!
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2010 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  

Hello Kreg357

I guess now my problems have started

1: Siren doesn't seem to come on.....I've got the red posittive from the siren to H1/3 (Brown) (+) Siren Output on the Viper.  Black from siren to Ground

2.  When I try to start the vehicle to initialize the Tach it does not start.  What I do notice is that the fuel light comes on and the Gas needle does not move from empty.  The vehicle cranks but does not start.  ( I know that there is at least half a tank)  I've got the H2/9 (violet/white) Tachometer input wire from the Viper going to the (WHITE/ green) tachometer wire at pin 25 of the ECM of the QX4.

I have programmed the Pkall Unit.  Everything went well with that. 

Thank you very much in advance for your input.

Pete
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic